Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How can someone who's had two pints of beer in the pub turn into a monster?

(14 Posts)
Carla Fri 13-May-05 23:08:16

I know some of you know what's happened to me. But really, after 2 pints, he comes back all lovely and then gets all horrid.

Why, fgs?

Carla Fri 13-May-05 23:13:56

All lovely with our chums, then half an hour later he's horrible.

rickman Fri 13-May-05 23:14:35

Message withdrawn

Carla Fri 13-May-05 23:17:40

thanks for answering, rickman. Rank. How about you?

Carla Fri 13-May-05 23:18:47

In fact, can't possibly say that, having discovered you've got 4 children!!!!

rickman Fri 13-May-05 23:19:29

Message withdrawn

Carla Fri 13-May-05 23:28:04

God, it's amazing, isn't it. I see you as the person to give all single mums the boost we need - and I'm sure my mum, the saviour of single parents, would think so, too - she certainly wouldn't think you were crap!!!

Come and meet us here one day!
XXX

Aero Fri 13-May-05 23:33:44

Rickman - purleeeeeeeeeez - I have seen you with your kids - you are not a crap mum!!!

You are making your way through a passage of crap circumstances, but honestly, you are doing brilliantly and you are a great mum! Don't beat yourself up about this - you're doing fine.

I have you on my calendar for Monday - is that right - (it's my birthday too, so a reason to eat cake!)? Text or call - am using old mobile as ds2 ate my newer one and it's had to go in for repair!

rickman Fri 13-May-05 23:37:12

Message withdrawn

rickman Fri 13-May-05 23:38:55

Message withdrawn

Aero Fri 13-May-05 23:48:37

You are still not a crap mum! None of us are experts and being a mum doesn't come with a handbook.
You are coping and that is good. You have four kids - that is a lot for anyone to handle! One is just a baby (who I haven't seen yet, so are we on for Monday?). My baby drives me nuts and I'm surviving on precious little sleep and am a grumpy, not coping very well, mummy for a lot of the time, and I have the support of dh, but I feel very unworthy a lot of the time, but I am a good mum despite all this and I know you are too.
Ok, so maybe we could all deal with things in a better way, but at the end of the day, we are the ones who are there to pick them up when they fall, wipe their tears when they're sad, smile when they achieve, cry when we know they're hurting, show them the way when they go wrong.....................the list goes on. You do all this, and more, I'm sure of it Rickman. Everyone makes cock-ups, but if we didn't make mistakes, then we'd never learn. You're doing fine!
Now, Monday???????????????

Aero Fri 13-May-05 23:50:06

Oops - x'd posts!
My place then? - what time - is 11.30 for lunch good? Have your name down, but no time!

Carla Fri 13-May-05 23:52:07

Where are you, rickman?

Aero Sat 14-May-05 00:00:59

We're both in Kent Carla. Hope that's ok to say so Rickman.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now