Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

decided my friendship with DS's godmother is at an all-time low, not sure how to maintain a friendship with her now

(3 Posts)
webchick Mon 22-Jun-09 21:53:31

I've recently had a series of let-downs by DS's god mother who I've known for 15 years or so. She's not someone I now have anything in common with and backed up by how she has left me feeling of late (I shan't go into detail) I am ready to not keep up with her anymore.

I asked her to be god-mother 2.5 years ago as a sign of how long-standing our friendship was and also to rejuvinate her position on my life (and my families). However it's been one-sided and I'm nigh on done with her now.

My question is; where do I go given she is DS's godmother?

Does anyone have any experience of falling out with their chosen god-mothers over time?

cornsilk Mon 22-Jun-09 22:00:49

What happened then?

princessx2 Tue 23-Jun-09 10:10:15

I asked my supposed best friend to be my dd1's godmother when I was pg with her. Once I had dd, she just really didn't bother and only saw her twice in four months. I was the one doing all the running for our frienship and I just felt like it had been this way for a while so I stopped contacting her and have never spoken to her since.

Slightly different to you as she never actually got to be godmother and your friend is. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it - she obviously has other things happening that have proved to you where you stand with her. i presume you have other people you can rely on should anything happen to you, where your ds is concerned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now