Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Swinging - not such a good move after all......

(64 Posts)
nikki1978 Mon 22-Jun-09 16:53:38

You are all welcome to tell me you told me so!

I am so annoyed at myself I can't even think straight.

I'm sure some of you will remember the thread I started just over a month ago about swinging. My husband and I had been involved in a threesome and enjoyed it so had decided to try swinging. I was very much of the mindset you only live once so just went for it.

And I have now got gonorrhea.

Can't bloody believe it.

We were very careful to use contraception but neither of us thought to use it for oral sex. My husband has it too and mine managed to develop into full blown pelvic inflammatory disease. The whole experience has been incredibly painful and humiliating (particularly when my doctor - who has been my doctor since I was young - gave me the results).

Anyway looks like you get what you deserve. Just wanted to post this to remind people how important safe sex is!

mindalina Mon 22-Jun-09 16:57:08

shock

I hope you are better soon

dizietsma Mon 22-Jun-09 16:58:05

Oh dear, commiserations nikki.

Well done for being brave enough to post about it.

I have to say, I had no idea you could get gonorrhea orally, good thing I'm not swinging!

Squidward Mon 22-Jun-09 16:58:43

oh no!

mrsboogie Mon 22-Jun-09 18:05:01

Oh Jesus. PID - that's bad. Don't understand how you got it from oral sex though?

TheProfiteroleThief Mon 22-Jun-09 18:06:32

shock
You poor thing. It is very treatable isn't it though?

littleducks Mon 22-Jun-09 18:07:42

can it develop into PID that quickly? thats shocking

katemumtwo Mon 22-Jun-09 18:11:38

You can pick it up orally if the person 'giving' has gonorrhea of the throat. Then, by having sex with the OP, her partner passed it into her pelvis (the affected area has to be in direct contact with the infected bit).

Sorry - but at least you caught it quite early...

whomovedmychocolate Mon 22-Jun-09 18:12:09

Can I ask the unaskable? Are you sure he hasn't been at it previously if you have developed symptoms so quickly and apparently from oral? hmm

Commiserations though.

Squidward Mon 22-Jun-09 18:21:34

Yes I know you can
you can buy this condommy sheet thing to use

dont ask - i had to teach sex ed once..

was it good sex?!

whomovedmychocolate Mon 22-Jun-09 18:23:23

Dental dams - they sell them on Amazon now you know!

Squidward Mon 22-Jun-09 18:23:46

thast it
I jsut found out eh word fgs
dh will be most instereted

TheProfiteroleThief Mon 22-Jun-09 18:26:48

I used a dental dam once - however I was having a crown fitted.

Was highly effective but I don't think earns me any 'daring' points.

nikki1978 Mon 22-Jun-09 18:27:55

Squidward - not good enough for this!

whomovedmychocolate - of course there is always the chance that he has been messign around. But my symptoms showed up 2 weeks before his so chances are I got it from someone giving me oral sex then passed it to him.

littleducks - I had an unusual discharge about 3 weeks after the incident but to be honest I wasn't sure if I was just suffering from slight incontience as I just felt very wet down there (sorry TMI). 10 days after the discharge started I was doubled up in pain and the PID was pretty bad according to the docs. Have been on antibiotics for a week now and there is still discomfort there.

littleducks Mon 22-Jun-09 18:39:26

hope you feel better soon

mrsboogie Mon 22-Jun-09 18:43:24

gonorrhoea of the throat? Gawd.

dittany Mon 22-Jun-09 18:44:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sazisi Mon 22-Jun-09 18:48:34

Oh you poor thing.

I don't personally go in for swinging, but each to there own and no way do you deserve this
Get well soon.

YanknCock Mon 22-Jun-09 18:53:08

ER had an episode around 8-9 years ago where a girl got gonorrhoea in her throat. Remember it well because at the time I was a graduate assistant teaching STI epidemiology.

That's rotten OP, hope you're cleared up soon.

expatinscotland Mon 22-Jun-09 18:56:23

I had no idea it could migrate from your throat to your reproductive organs.

Hmm, I have to say I'm with whomoved here. It makes no difference if he developed symptoms later than you did, tbh.

If I were you I'd be at the GUM clinic for the full workup. He may not being as careful as one can hope.

Please, please, protect your health if you're going to engage in this type of behaviour.

yappybluedog Mon 22-Jun-09 19:12:47

don't use this shock on this thread

AnyFucker Mon 22-Jun-09 20:42:55

Nikki, what a bloody awful can of worms.

How on earth can you know where you are up to?

I remember your thread a couple of weeks ago about your DH being inapropriate with another woman.

I would be totally confused in your shoes about where the boundaries now exist.

The rapid development of gonorrhoea symptoms and PID does not actually ring true to me.

You are in a very precarious place, IMO.

Please get both of you treated, simultaneously, and then speak to your DH about the way forward.

Monogamy or not.

If not, ffs protect yourselves, properly.

< Here ends the sermon >

frankbestfriend Mon 22-Jun-09 20:48:43

In my very limited knowledge, STIs take some time to develop into PID unless you have a coil inserted or other gynecological procedure which can force the infection into the uterus.

Have you spoken to someone who is qualified to advise on how you have developed PID so quickly?

It just doesn't ring true to me, sorry.

whomovedmychocolate Mon 22-Jun-09 21:53:57

I used to be a sexual health and HIV counsellor. It is unusual for men to present with symptoms first for anything - it's normally the women because we are a bit more self aware, less likely to just ignore it. Also most of the STIs have few or no symptoms for men, it's women who get the nasty stuff mostly.

I reckon your feller has been ahem practicing before your big night and he's given you the lurgy - sorry.

May I suggest you do get a full screen and then another one in three months. Oh and I wouldn't be touching your DH unless he was encased in latex - actually you might like that anyway wink

controlfreakythecontrolfreak Mon 22-Jun-09 22:02:11

hmmm, agree with others who've asked whether you are sure this is route of transmission?? what happened re your other concerns about your dh and his "networking" colleague?? i would be sitting dh down to look him in the eye and x xamine him myself....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now