Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

contraceptive coil and threads - when do they soften?

(3 Posts)
kitpuss Sun 21-Jun-09 17:45:12

I'm not really sure where to put this message but I'll try it here and see if I get any response.
I had a copper coil fitted 4 days ago. Apparently the threads inside can feel quite hard at first but then they soften. I'm a bit concerned about having sex for the first time, don't want to do it too soon if it is going to hurt DH, but am not sure how long to wait for them to soften.
DH is quite unsure at the minute, is worried that just feeling the threads will spoil sex, I'm worried that if they feel hard he'll be badgering me to get it taken out before we've given it a chance!
Has anyone been through this and has any advice?

ridingjoker Sun 21-Jun-09 18:30:54

they soften after about 1-2 months. and yes you can feel them at first aparently. get him to wear condom if he's going to be really paranoid till you hit about 2 months then they should be soft. they also get shaped to your insides iykwim after being banged about in there first couple of times blush

pinkpetunia Sun 21-Jun-09 18:43:42

DH has never complained about mine but when I first had my coil put in my GP offered to trim the threads later if it was uncomfortable for DH wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now