Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Ideas for school fundraising - probably not posted in right section

(11 Posts)
Robeena Thu 18-Jun-09 06:32:30

Okay ladies I have finally made it to the inner circle of my childrens school and has been asked by Alpha Mummy to do the fundraising for school for the Summer (yeah I know short notice) and also to help out for the next school year. I was so happy to be finally accepted I said yes.

Now I need ideas - something I can get up and running and finished before the term finishes in 4 weeks.

Thank you in advance for any ideas you put to me.

Robeena Thu 18-Jun-09 10:39:42

Bump - has anyone got anygood ideas that worked for them?

TwoSunnyDays Thu 18-Jun-09 10:49:39

Thats very short notice, has she passed the buck? Will you get blamed if there isnt much money raised? Is there a school fete? Its a bit late for tea towels etc. Is this fund raising over the summer or until the end of term?

Firstly I would set up a sub comittee and have a brain storm meeting with tea and cake. Then your not in it alone.

Then I would have a cake stall asap to get some money in quick. Send a note home to all parents asking them to contribute.

Other things to consider are an end of term raffle (phone round days out venues for free ticket for prizes).

If this is over the summer I would do an end of term party/bbq/picnic. If you do that advertise it asap!

What are you raising money for and is there a deadline?

I feel in a panic already and its not me who has been asked to do it!

Coalman Thu 18-Jun-09 10:52:53

Have you seen good fundraising ideas here ?

DrZeus Thu 18-Jun-09 23:53:07

Quick fundraising idea - we started selling ice-creams on a Friday afternoon straight after school. 20p for an icepop and 30p for a lolly. We get them from Sainsburys or Tesco (whoever has the best deals). First week we took £43 and it was raining. Last Friday was busier.

snice Thu 18-Jun-09 23:54:25

Do an own clothes or pyjamas day - fairly easy money

CapricaSix Fri 19-Jun-09 00:07:43

Abel & Cole's The Farmer's Choice?

CapricaSix Fri 19-Jun-09 00:08:18

oh, that's if you're in london...

Robeena Fri 19-Jun-09 08:40:22

Thanks for the ideas - the ice pops is bound to be a winner.

And I found some good ideas on the good fundraising site.

Thanks so much.

Yes I do feel that the buck was passed and I may have been set up to fail. But I feel like I have just had a brainstorming session with the best minds in cyberspace and is better than brainstorming with Alpha Mummy at the school. I asked her for a list of stuff they did last year and what worked.....still waiting.

Thanks again.

TwoSunnyDays Fri 19-Jun-09 12:33:12

http://www.yellowmoon.org.uk/ is also useful.

Its always more fun and less stress in a team, have you got a couple of friends to rope in?

flowergirlbelle Sun 21-Jun-09 11:48:06

Hi I am on the PTA at school, a couple of ideas for you. We just did a Fashion Show at school where a company provided all the clothes. All we had to provide was the kids as models, we charged a entrance fee, sold raffle tickets and ran a bar and made nearly £600, amazing for a few hours. We have also done clothes recyling (a few companies do it.) You send the bags home, ask the parents to donate all clothes/bedding/shoes that are unwanted and then on a chosen day the company pick up all the bags and give you money per KG of clothes that are collected. We are only a small school of 260 pupils and raised £260 last time. We are doing another one at the beginning of July as it was such easy money! Make it clear to the parents what you are raising the money for it helps alot. We have only got around 10 people on our PTA, it's hard work getting people involved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now