Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

fancy him like mad, but where is my confidence??

(3 Posts)
pullyourselftogether Tue 16-Jun-09 22:05:58

I know there are much more serious threads here but hope you will bear with me for a minute... I'm a single mum in my 40s, haven't had a relationship since my welcome split just over 1.5 years ago from disastrous dad of my gorgeous toddler. Not really been interested in anyone, so busy, lack confidence, looks are a mess, never go out etc, but having said all that would love a proper family life for me and my boy and I know I'd love to be in a relationship, just never get out to meet anyone.

Well, a new man has just started at work - I've really fallen for him blush What shall I do? Have asked men out in the past, reasonable success, but now have very little confidence in myself, and would love to be 'chased' a bit to be honest. I think he may be single, possibly a bit younger than me. He's only here for 6 month contract, so do I try to flirt with him? suss him out from afar? leave it all to him if he's interested??

Would hate to miss such a rare opportunity but don't really see why he'd go for me (and is it a lot to ask for someone to go out with a single mum of a very young child?). Don't know whether to pursue or admire from afar... Don't get me wrong, I haven't got us married off already, just wouldn't mind a bit of a thing and see where it leads. Should I be active or passive?? Now I really look forward to going to work ;) !!! Any advice??? thanks xx

TripleTroubleMuffin Tue 16-Jun-09 22:06:45

just answered your other post

pullyourselftogether Tue 16-Jun-09 22:08:11

yes, thanks for your message, good advice. Sorry I posted twice, I forgot to put the subject in! (bit new to this).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now