Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Help - DH got cross in bed

(4 Posts)
lizardqueenie Sun 14-Jun-09 18:04:26

Hello all

1st time posting on here, I am not yet a mum but joined as I think the support and views on here are really helpful.

Sorry if this is a bit graphic/ embarrassing blush
Im 27 DH is 33 and our sex life has been a bit up & down in the last 6 months-basically its clear that I have a higher sex drive than him which is ok & I accept that.

Problem is that its not really the lack of frequency that bothers me so much and I have tried to be understanding& we now have sex about twice a month..however Friday night was a bit strange, husband and I were having some foreplay, and it hurt a bit, probably because I wasn't quite ready, i felt like he was going through the motions a bit (sex by numbers!) so I said (in a nice voice) uch that hurts a bit could you do it a bit more gently, and he snapped "i am being gentle".

He has behaved in bed like this a couple of times before where i have felt like he is almost going to lose his temper and like i am being a burden asking for us to have sex which is obviously not great, we have not been married for 2 years yet. anyway on Friday in the end I felt really upset and almost used so rather than have an argument about it with him whilst i was stark naked i just let him get on with it and faked it which i never have done with anyone. The fact that it hurt though has left me feeling quite horrid about 1. our sex life and 2. myself.

Any advice of where I can go from here would be really appreciated.

lizardqueenie Sun 14-Jun-09 18:06:39

Sorry just realised when I wrote "ouch" I must have accidentally inserted a smiley. A grimacing one too, how Freudian!

howtotellmum Sun 14-Jun-09 18:07:34

You have to talk to him- not in bed but out of bed. Maybe he feels inadequate- especially if he knows you are randier. he might feel that you were criticising him- although you didn't mean it like that.

Faked it? orgasm, or just the fact that you were participating when you weren't turned on?

In either case- do't. Things will only get worse.

lizardqueenie Sun 14-Jun-09 21:45:34

Thanks very much for that - I know you're right it is one of those things we have to talk about- the longer I leave it the harder it will get.

Faked it when it came to orgasm & the fact that I was into it because when he spoke like that I just coudlnt relax- which just made me feel quite horrible afterwards. I thought this isn't a 1 night stand why can't he be a bit more caring rather than touching me like he's fixing the car or something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now