Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Slightly TMI ....

(20 Posts)
nappyaddict Fri 12-Jun-09 13:15:00

Does anyone else bleed during or just after sex? Not much only a little bit. It's not dripping all over the place or anything but sometimes when he pulls out there will be blood on his knob. Is it something to worry about?

ridingjoker Fri 12-Jun-09 13:16:04

does it happen only at certain times of month? or every time?

gemmiegoatlegs Fri 12-Jun-09 13:17:04

cervical erosion? happens to me sometimes - particularly deep penetration

gigglewitch Fri 12-Jun-09 13:18:24

Hi Nappies smile
I have also had it - part of the joys of endometriosis for me I'm afraid...hmm I had a hyteroscopy this week <pah> and they have tried to sort out the long list of "ishoos". Worth getting checked out imho - there are a load of simple reasons why it happens but a few more serious ones.

notamumyetbutoneday Fri 12-Jun-09 13:18:29

Hi there, without wishing to panic you, it is important that you discuss this with a doctor. I went to the doctor after bleeding during/after sex and after some tests it was found that I had abnormal (pre-cancerous) cells on my cervix. I was completely up to date with my smears butt hey had nver picked this up. It was a very simple procedure to get rid of the abnormal cells and I am fine now but obviously it is important that they are detected before they turn into anyhting malignant.

nappyaddict Fri 12-Jun-09 13:18:38

ah that could be it. it does tend to happen when there's deep penetration. what is cervical erosion?

notamumyetbutoneday Fri 12-Jun-09 13:19:04

oh dear lots of typos sorry- MNing whilst eating!

canny Fri 12-Jun-09 13:19:28

Can be a sign of clamidiya, maybe best to get checked if you haven't been recently?

kormachameleon Fri 12-Jun-09 13:20:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Fri 12-Jun-09 13:20:14

Message withdrawn

gemmiegoatlegs Fri 12-Jun-09 13:23:29

cervical erosion is where the cells on the lining of your cervix are slightly misplaced, so the cells underneath can be a bitraw. my GP said mine was likely a result of long childbirth=battered cervix, although it can be due to hormonal changes also.

gigglewitch Fri 12-Jun-09 13:32:26

I thnk the cervical erosion thing is quite common in women who have had babies - theres a lot of it in our family (like, er, everyone)

Do you have a nice or female doctor? Not panic time, just try and keep a track of how often it has happened in say the last six months (which is what they asked me when I saw gynae consultant a couple of weeks ago) then you have got the info they need clear in your mind smile

nappyaddict Fri 12-Jun-09 13:33:56

So is this cervical erosion anything to worry about or is it just one of those things.

I've never had a smear, you have to be 25 don't you?

It's not chlamydia I was part of some national screening programme for that and it came back clear.

gigglewitch Fri 12-Jun-09 13:41:25

mostly no worries - they picked mine up on a scan when I was 19. If it is that then it's mostly just an inconvenience, my sister had some sort of cauterising [sp?] thing done but the rest of us haven't.

Get checked out tho to find out what it actually is smile

CrushWithEyeliner Fri 12-Jun-09 13:46:59

Do get it checked - you should really go for a smear anyway after birth they normally do at the 6m check. Any bleeding mid cycle needs looking at. smile

TripleTroubleMuffin Fri 12-Jun-09 13:47:09

You need to get checked out.

It might be nothing or it might not. You won't know without an examination.

nappyaddict Fri 12-Jun-09 14:03:20

Right where do I need to go then GP or GUM or both?

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 12-Jun-09 14:09:47

Would recommend you visit the GP and if they have no idea of the underlying cause seek a referral to a gynae.

If it is very painful as well this can be suggestive of endometriosis. Endometriosis is not normally detected on any swabs, blood tests or scans; its usually seen during a laparoscopy (this is keyhole surgery).

gingersquidge Fri 12-Jun-09 14:16:52

i've just had this too, went for a smear and ended up having abnormal cells. i would say you should def get it checked. i first had a smear at the local family planning, but your gp will do them too i believe.

my gyni told me it was less to do with age, and more to do with how many sexual partners you have had, as cell changes are caused by contracting the hpv virus - usually through sex.

this is VERY common btw. good luck x

nappyaddict Fri 12-Jun-09 14:38:51

So do I just ring up reception and say I want to book a smear test?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: