Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

getting worried about DP

(16 Posts)
dilemma456 Thu 11-Jun-09 22:44:06

Message withdrawn

TreeTrunkThighs Thu 11-Jun-09 22:46:01

Are there any pubs on the way to the milk shop? Might he have popped in for 1, met people he knows and stayed for another?

GypsyMoth Thu 11-Jun-09 22:51:45

Car or walking?

controlfreakythecontrolfreak Thu 11-Jun-09 22:57:14

has this ever happened before??

PfftTheMagicDragon Thu 11-Jun-09 22:58:46

I would be worried if it were my DH, but there is no chance of him straying to the pub, or a mates house or anything. Are you alone with children in the house? Could he have done any of those things? DO you have a neighbour who could sit in your house while you walk the route to the shop?

Hassled Thu 11-Jun-09 23:00:14

If you can get someone to sit with DD then I think you should. Or better still, get a burly man to walk the route.

poshwellies Thu 11-Jun-09 23:02:00

Gosh I would be worried over him not answering the phone.
Hope he is home very very shortly.

dilemma456 Thu 11-Jun-09 23:11:42

Message withdrawn

screamingabdab Thu 11-Jun-09 23:13:43

Good luck with that dilemma. What an arse for worrying you . Glad he's OK though

SolidGoldBrass Thu 11-Jun-09 23:15:55

What a dickwad. ALl he had to do was text you to say 'Have met Fred, stopping for quick half@, after all.

controlfreakythecontrolfreak Thu 11-Jun-09 23:26:44

did you ask him to go out for milk.... or was that his idea (ie really off to the pub....??)

dilemma456 Fri 12-Jun-09 09:26:13

Message withdrawn

OhBling Fri 12-Jun-09 09:31:25

No no - totally understand. There is nothing more frustrating. DH used to do this to me, but he's so much better now that he understands it's not about control but about me worrying. He'll even give me a call if he's running and has decided to take a longer route home.

All i can suggest is you keep trying to make him see it's NOT about control but just about your fairly normal female worrying thing.

Some people just don't see that. It took DH ages to understand that yes, he wasn't needed at home as such, but that a) I missed him and b) I worried.

SolidGoldBrass Fri 12-Jun-09 10:06:54

I wonder if this is part of a general lack of consideration for you on his part. Is he starting to treat you as more of a domestic appliance than a person (ie he can do what he wants, when he wants, your job is childcare and servicing him). Do you, for instance, get the opportunity to go out for a quick half with your mates when you fancy a break?

screamingabdab Fri 12-Jun-09 11:50:40

Yep, OHBling DH was a bit like this,for a short time after DS1 was born. I think it was his little "rebellion" against having the responsibility of being a father and sole earner. Sort of understandable, but v. childish, and made me the one to suffer, which was really unfair.

Dilemma, SGB makes a good point

controlfreakythecontrolfreak Fri 12-Jun-09 17:16:48

not a silly thing to be upset about imo.

his failure to see why you were worried / pissed off is v inconsiderate and selfish... was this a one off or the latest example of thoughtless behaviour??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now