Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Can anyone tell me what a troll is?

(7 Posts)
lizzyboo Thu 11-Jun-09 13:39:55

????

Disenchanted3 Thu 11-Jun-09 13:42:14

Someone who posts false things. Makes up stories.

Not all bad IMO, some are very funny and done in a jokey way for entertainment.

But some post 'true life' things such as loosing a baby, domestic violence ecty... for attention.

georgiemum Thu 11-Jun-09 13:43:51

Why is this in 'relationships'? Have you started seeing a man who is 3 foot tall, portly, covered in hair, barefoot and who lives under a bridge?

stripeypineapple Thu 11-Jun-09 13:44:20

Creature that lives under a bridge and demands tithes from people crossing. Eats billy goats smile

MitchyInge Thu 11-Jun-09 13:44:29

and stirring up arguments - they usually look for some sort of trouble or are deliberately provocative for other reasons?

georgiemum Thu 11-Jun-09 13:47:19

I think some thin of themselves as starting 'lively debate' and some are just melodramatic or attention-seekers.

No harm though. Can be quite funny though when the penny doesn't drop for a few pages.

lizzyboo Thu 11-Jun-09 13:50:28

I started a thread about a bloke I might want to do the do with and someone called me a troll. Had no idea what they ment. Thanks everyone, no he isn't short and troll like, pretty tasty actually just not sure I want to get serious and he's really lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now