Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Anyone else married to a teenager?

(6 Posts)
missydissy Wed 10-Jun-09 09:52:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mrsboogie Wed 10-Jun-09 11:30:16

do you thik he could have a drink problem?

missydissy Wed 10-Jun-09 16:22:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pheebe Wed 10-Jun-09 17:56:06

So basically he's still the person he was when you met and fell in love with him and behaving in the same way but you're not.

Sorry to say this but do you think the problem is you not him? You want him to change and behave in a certain way and clearly he doesn't - and why should he? You don't think he has a drink problem, you don't mention he's irresponsible in terms of going to work/looking after dcs or anything like that. So the issue is you just don't like the way he enjoys himself.

Were this the other way round he'd be getting roundly condemned for being a controlling bas*d.

I think its awful that you're starting to see your DH as 'pathetic'

shoptilidrop Wed 10-Jun-09 18:54:54

pheebe - i dont really think that is fair tbh.
He needs to change a bit, hes not a 19 year old with no responsibilities now. Hes got a wife, and 3 children and its not fair on his wife to shoulder all the responsibility and continually pick up the pieces after one of his mad sessions.
God, some days i would just love to go out all day and night and do whatever i wanted, but the fact is that i am a parent, i have a child dependent on me. The OP cant go out and behave like this also, or who would take care of their Dc's??
There has got to be a comprimise where they are both happy, but to me, its seems like the op is doing all the giving and hes doing all the taking.

macaco Sat 13-Jun-09 18:48:10

He's an alcoholic.

It doesn't matter how often he drinks or what he drinks or whetehr he drinks in the house or not. His drinking is affecting his life; relationships, financially (losing things like mobiles) and almost certainly in other ways too. He promises to change but he can't (because he's dependant on the alcohol).
see how many of these questions he answers yes to
From what you say he answers yes to AT LEAST one, and as it says

"If you answered yes to any of these questions you have symptoms that indicate alcoholism."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now