Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Electroll Roll to find EX.......advice please.

(9 Posts)
saff71 Mon 08-Jun-09 21:25:45

Need to locate EX and thinking Electrol Roll, I know the town he lives in.

Any advice on how to start.

TIA

smackapacka Mon 08-Jun-09 21:26:14

192.com?

saff71 Mon 08-Jun-09 21:31:22

tried that, asking to buy credits to check more in detail.

MadameDefarge Mon 08-Jun-09 21:35:03

Try the Electoral Roll online also.

walkinthewoods Mon 08-Jun-09 21:35:46

I think you can get access free of charge but can't remember how. Call local council and I'm sure they'll help

ABetaDad Mon 08-Jun-09 21:36:30

I would say 192.com is cheaper but if you want to you can just go to the town hall in the town he lives in and check the physical copy of the roll there at the reception desk.

He/she might not have put him/herself on it tough.

saff71 Mon 08-Jun-09 21:45:25

He lives about 300miles away, so not possible to go Town Hall.

TheArmadillo Mon 08-Jun-09 21:50:01

electoral register is organised by address not name, so unless you are planning to go through every entry or have an idea what area/street he lives in it will take a long time. Last people I know who did it took 3 days. And also not everyone is on there. You can usually buy edited copies but they won't have everyone on there because there is a box on form you can tick not to be. Ones at council offices will be the full register though.

Best way is to try things like bt online phonebook (best one I've found for finding people), even something like facebook or twitter - people often put quite a bit of info on there.

saff71 Mon 08-Jun-09 21:51:39

thanks everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now