Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Do you know what became of your first love/ex?...........

(75 Posts)
swiperfox Mon 09-May-05 18:48:30

......Did you have a lucky escape or has someone else got the love of your life??

I sent my ex a text this afternoon just to see what he was up to etc.

His eldest daughter was 19 last month. His next daughter is 17 next week. His next daughter, from a girl he met when we were just about over, is 4 on Sunday and his next daughter, from another girl, is 1 next month.

His Granddaughter is almost 2. - making his Grandaughter a year older than his youngest daughter!!!!!

And he's only 38!!!!!! Think it's safe to say i had a lucky escape lol

MarsLady Mon 09-May-05 18:51:06

How do you hold on to someone's number? I haven't the foggiest what my "first love" is up to and don't care actually. (Sorry SF).

Yes, I think you had a luck escape!

lockets Mon 09-May-05 18:51:58

Message withdrawn

trefusis Mon 09-May-05 18:52:07

Message withdrawn

Hulababy Mon 09-May-05 18:52:52

Yes - I am married to him

kama Mon 09-May-05 18:59:14

Message withdrawn

fairyfly Mon 09-May-05 18:59:53

he's sat in my lounge covered in plaster while here sending him beautiful quotes about flowers by text. three so far and he still hasn't worked out why, just accused me of being deranged.

NomDePlume Mon 09-May-05 19:09:20

I have no idea.

He still lives in my Mum's home town, I've seen him around a couple of times, only once to speak to. Once when I was visiting my Mum and popped into the supermarket, he'd got himself a p/t job there (never was very ambitious, shame as he was really quite intelligent). I'd just got engaged for the 2nd time and was with my (then) fiance, exP told me that he'd heard I was engaged again and was upset as he thought it was 'too soon' (just shy of a year) after we'd broken up (I finished it). A bit of an awkward moment, that one.....

Saw him a couple of months ago, I was driving through my Mum's home town and he was walking in the other direction. He looked just the same as he did 6 and a half years ago. He'll be 31 in October and as far as I know he still rents a flat with his mate and works crappy jobs to pay for weed. Lovely, lovely lad though.

tweetyfish Mon 09-May-05 19:12:19

He's sat on the sofa feeding DD!!!! And still just as lovely as when I first met him 10 years ago!

Chandra Mon 09-May-05 19:23:31

Yes I do, has been divorced for 8yrs, has a 12yrs old daughter and is as unreliable as he was when I dumped him at 18.

CountessDracula Mon 09-May-05 19:31:15

Yes

He was the best man at our wedding, he lives in New York, dh was best man at his wedding, they have a dd about 3 months younger than ours and we are all bestest friends! (I met dh through him, they were best mates at uni)

WigWamBam Mon 09-May-05 19:31:27

I do, despite the fact that he's started collecting his old age pension, he sold his home to go bumming around the world.

lou33 Mon 09-May-05 19:34:10

no idea and don't care!

munz Mon 09-May-05 19:35:05

ep lucky escape, my EX is now the owner of his own tarmacing business, has his own house and it's more or less a millionaire . Glad it didn't work out wiht him thou cos I would've been stuck in a place I didn't like and would never have met DH.

charleepeters Mon 09-May-05 19:35:06

my first love is now a heavy drug user and is a total skank lucky i got out!

Gobbledigook Mon 09-May-05 19:44:13

Yes I do - unfortunately he died a few yrs after we split up aged 26 . He had Hodgkins Lymphoma - he was diagnosed while we were at uni doing our finals and we were together for 5 yrs.

We still got on after we split up and met up for drinks etc. I'll never forget him actually - there is always a little corner of my heart that belongs to him.

Papillon Mon 09-May-05 19:48:30

bet ff is having sex right now plaster and all

Somanykiddies Mon 09-May-05 20:02:55

Met my first love again for the first time in over twenty years last summer. We are now together again with all our kiddies!

WideWebWitch Mon 09-May-05 20:04:34

My first love married the woman after me and they're still happily together, with 2 children, 20 years later. OMG, it's been that long!

nutcracker Mon 09-May-05 20:05:08

Mine is married to someone else and has a 8mth old baby boy

motherinferior Mon 09-May-05 20:05:36

No idea what happened to the First Bloke I Snogged (and believe me I have tried to find out. Repeatedly).

One Big Love married the girlfriend ^two before me^ last year. Which was quite insulting.

lavenderrr Mon 09-May-05 20:06:22

yes I married him

PuffTheMagicDragon Mon 09-May-05 20:07:33

Last I heard he decided to go to drama school as a mature student.

nutcracker Mon 09-May-05 20:08:12

I said mine is, keep forgetting he is not mine anymore.

swiperfox Mon 09-May-05 20:10:35

i do that too nutcracker - i don't still love him or anything but he was 'mine' for such a long time its hard to think of him as anyone else's!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now