Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Would you find it odd if a man told you he wasn't really into bjs?

(41 Posts)
PeggyPatch Fri 05-Jun-09 14:33:14

He said it didn't really do much for him, would you find that strange?

MaDuggar Fri 05-Jun-09 14:35:13

I've had a few men say this, so it's not all that un-common. I do still find it odd though grin

Turbomouth Fri 05-Jun-09 14:36:11

erm yes

HerBeatitudeLittleBella Fri 05-Jun-09 14:36:39

It would depend on the context.

If it was in the middle of a business meeting, I would find it extremely odd. Or if he was the funeral director burying my aged relative, for example.

Hulababy Fri 05-Jun-09 14:43:53

No more odd than a woman saying it - and that has been the case on several Mn threads.

BitOfFun Fri 05-Jun-09 14:45:37

Pmsl @ HerBeatitudeLittleBella grin

aseriouslyblondemoment Fri 05-Jun-09 14:48:26

i've yet to meet one who isn'tgrin

Overmydeadbody Fri 05-Jun-09 14:52:30

I was going to post a similar response to littlebella, but she got there first grin

I have known men who aren't really into it, so I wouldn't find it strange.

OrmIrian Fri 05-Jun-09 14:53:10

I'd be releived.

aseriouslyblondemoment Fri 05-Jun-09 14:58:18

mind you its probably because they haven't met megrin

screamingabdab Fri 05-Jun-09 14:58:53

grin OrmIrian

I suppose I'd be surprised -I would have assumed that most men like them.

But we all know what happens when you assume .....

(lame joke about making an Ass of u and me)

nikki1978 Fri 05-Jun-09 17:24:06

Maybe he has just been with women who are rubbish at them grin. My husband says a lot of women use too much teeth which makes them bad. If you enjoy giving them maybe you should ask him if you could have a try and change his mind. I don't think it is a big deal if he just doesn't like them though. Can't see what it might signify unless he doesn't like sex either

sayithowitis Fri 05-Jun-09 17:37:05

Can't talk from experience as Dh does enjoy them as do I and neither of us has ever slept with anyone else. However, I don't think I would find it odd. Do you find it odd when somebody doesn't enjoy certain foods/music/films/books/tv programmes etc etc? No difference IMO.

MuppetsMuggle Fri 05-Jun-09 17:37:16

my DP doesn't like them either, but that doesn't bother me grin

PeggyPatch Fri 05-Jun-09 17:39:07

He does like sex, just not bjs. I'm not going to try change his mind grin, just imagined that all blokes like it.

cookielove Fri 05-Jun-09 17:39:14

when i met my partner, he didn't really like them he had never eh hem while having one, however he soon changed his mind woohoo my skills wink

lostinthecitylover Fri 05-Jun-09 18:10:11

confused emoticon at women using teeth - er how exactly would that happen? genuinely puzzled

cookielove Fri 05-Jun-09 18:11:40

an x once asked me to bite him!!! hmm

lostinthecitylover Fri 05-Jun-09 18:13:31

ooh I'd be worried about damaging it!! wink

HecatesTwopenceworth Fri 05-Jun-09 18:13:31

I would be surprised.

Then I'd be very worried that I was crap at it.

cookielove Fri 05-Jun-09 18:15:30

i have to say i was quite mean, once he just asked me to bite not sure why and another i was teasing him snapping my teeth really close but then i caught the skin and pulled away releasing it to late shock sorry if to much info

Rosesinautumn Fri 05-Jun-09 18:23:25

An ex of mine wasn't keen either and I once had a very illuminating convo with a gay friend of mine where he told me that some guys (including himself) just find the sensation too intense to the point of discomfort. It takes all sorts I guess!

AnyFucker Fri 05-Jun-09 18:25:35

I have never met a man who didn't like them

I honestly would think he was weird if he didn't

Same as another thread really, I can't accept that some men can't get it up unless they have a "real emotional connection"

Perhaps its the circles I move in and the experiences I have had, but men seem to be hard-wired to love BJ's and hard-ons/interest in shagging seems like a true biological urge not affected by feeling a bit "pissed off"

oh, and I know I am good at it grin, but apparently you have to be spectacularly awful to be described as "bad"

most men are thankful for any efforts in that dept grin

lostinthecitylover Fri 05-Jun-09 18:26:16

I can understand that - the same can happen if a woman is touched clumsily - IYKWIM - it can be just too sensitive.

warthog Fri 05-Jun-09 18:31:02

not wierd.

if man has had a circumcision late in life, for whatever reason, it can be extremely, uncomfortably sensitive to have a bj.

so what? i'd consider it a bonus!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now