Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

men - shaved pubic hair!

(17 Posts)
togoornot Mon 01-Jun-09 21:44:19

Message withdrawn

hf128219 Mon 01-Jun-09 21:45:53

Well most men do it to make their tackle look bigger. IMO.

BCNS Mon 01-Jun-09 21:46:48

less floss.. I'd go for a trim rather than a shave.. or he'd have a bald triangle

togoornot Mon 01-Jun-09 21:52:20

Message withdrawn

Scrumplet Tue 02-Jun-09 01:30:40

grin at hf128219. Reckon this is why ex did it.

Also to heighten sensation when balls stimulated - licked, stroked, etc. A very, erm, hirsute man might not feel so much down there otherwise.

The sensation reasoning I can understand, but aesthetically, I prefer it unshaved; I like what it says about the man - at ease with self, natural, not overly vain. But I am picturing the perfect penis in my head, of course, and I'm not a fan of excessive female trimming and plucking and shaving, either.

Each to their own, I suppose.

PremenstrualChickens Tue 02-Jun-09 09:44:04

I think a trim is just polite (nothing worse than picking wiry pubes from your teeth), but total removal just makes them look...hilarious.

ssd Tue 02-Jun-09 09:46:40

thats put me off my toast

PremenstrualChickens Tue 02-Jun-09 09:47:30

Sorry ssd grin

ssd Tue 02-Jun-09 09:51:14

grin

stripeypineapple Tue 02-Jun-09 09:55:25

A trim is permissible, should be encouraged sometimes but all off? No, that says the man is too prissy and thinks about the way his bits look too much. he should be doing something useful like mowing the lawn or opening jars with stiff lids or the like.

mum2b09 Tue 02-Jun-09 10:05:01

I think it entirely depends on how the man looks. A gorgeous toned tanned tyson beckford like man could dye it pink and i wouldnt care but if the man was skinny and pale i would imagin it could look abit creepy if u ask me lol

hockeypuck Tue 02-Jun-09 10:08:24

I work with sportsmen and they all do it.

It makes wearing any protection/kit more comfortable apparently....still looks weird though!

nikki1978 Tue 02-Jun-09 13:12:36

My DH thought about doing this but said because his legs are very hairy and is tummy is too he would either have to shave EVERYTHING or have a weird bald patch in the middle grin

He just settles for clipping it back a bit so BJs are easier for me (hair in my mouth or throat makes me gag and freak out - I think I have a phobia about it!)

triggerhappybaby Tue 02-Jun-09 13:29:12

lmao @ nikki - I'm with you on that one otherwise I feel like I'm plunging my nose into a siamese cat's back

bratnav Tue 02-Jun-09 13:33:35

Agree trimming is the way to go, DH is staggeringly hairy all over (which I happen to like) so if he shaved I would PMSL at the little bald patch. He trims all over (with my help) and it looks fab.

Had a FB once who shaved it all off and it looked like something you would find on the reduces shelf at Tesco grin

Gornic Mon 17-Apr-17 22:44:57

Hi everyone

Gornic Mon 17-Apr-17 22:45:45

Hi everybody

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now