Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I cant stop crying dh has just punched me in the stomach and crushed my fingers..please help

(39 Posts)
ratboy Sun 31-May-09 23:36:36

I asked him to leave, he has now gone

treedelivery Sun 31-May-09 23:37:44

Oh ratboy.

Good that you asked him to leave, I am relieved he has gone. Lock and bolt the doors and windows.

Are you ok?

MoreSpamThanGlam Sun 31-May-09 23:37:48

why did he do that?

GypsyMoth Sun 31-May-09 23:38:42

Poor you. Is this a regular thing? Keep him away, is there someone you can call?

woodenchair Sun 31-May-09 23:38:47

That's terrible do you need to go to a&e?

epithet Sun 31-May-09 23:39:59

Do you have someone to come and sit with you and talk to? Might he come back? Are you going to report this?

Horrible for you, I know sad. Don't downplay what he has done in your head though.

Molesworth Sun 31-May-09 23:40:01

Is there a friend or family member close by who could come and stay with you tonight?

Really sorry this has happened to you

ratboy Sun 31-May-09 23:44:22

he has been drinking all day, I asked him to stop this as the drinking has been getting worse lately, this just went into a an arguement, he went nuts throwing things then punched me in the stomach, as i tryed to get out on the door handle he grabbed my hands and crushed them , it hurts

ninah Sun 31-May-09 23:46:21

secure doors etc
keep your mobile in your dressing gown pocket
you must still be v shocked
do you have dc at home?

ratboy Sun 31-May-09 23:47:21

yes I am reporting this, my parents are in America so I cannot ring them for support

ratboy Sun 31-May-09 23:50:19

I am using one hand to type as I think 2 of my fingers are broken, I must report this

ninah Sun 31-May-09 23:52:49

can you get medical help or are you alone with dc?
yes you should report

silkcushion Sun 31-May-09 23:53:45

so sorry to hear this sad

Are you on yr own? Do you have dcs with you? Can you get to A&E to have yr hand checked over?

Most of all is there someone you can ring who will come and help you out?

epithet Sun 31-May-09 23:53:54

Well done for reporting. Do you have someone on their way now?

Jux Sun 31-May-09 23:54:04

Oh you poor thingsad. Well done for getting him out. You're right, you must report this and use the police - make sure he can't come back.

Can you get to an A&E? You need to get your fingers seen to and the injury documented. Do you have children? Can someone come and sit with them while you get things sorted out?

What a horrible thing. Much sympathy.

ratboy Sun 31-May-09 23:55:43

I dont want to upset dc's or wake them, I plan to get checked in the morning after school run
I have 3 dc's

ratboy Mon 01-Jun-09 00:00:37

I have just phone BIL, he is on his way over to take me to A&E, my sister is going to sit with the dc's while asleep

Mumofagun Mon 01-Jun-09 00:00:41

If you honestly , hoestly haven't got someone you can call now, to look after DC's, strap those fingers up, with cellotape if you have to, take some painkillers and MAKE SURE he can't get in. I'm not happy about this hun, is there anyone you can call, this is extreme. Make sure you don't have a change of heart tommorrow. This is not acceptable in any way shape or form!! Thinking of you.

ShannaraTiger Mon 01-Jun-09 00:00:43

Well done for having the strength to ask him to leave and reporting it.
Hope you manage to get everything sorted, lots of sympaty to you and the dc's.

Jux Mon 01-Jun-09 00:02:17

Have you called the police yet, though? I really think you should.

Strap your fingers up if you really can't get someone to sit with the dc's while they sleep.

Mumofagun Mon 01-Jun-09 00:02:24

Brilliant. That's all I can say now, and be strong tomorrow. I know you'll be tired etc but don't forget what you've been put through. Good luck!!

AbricotsSecs Mon 01-Jun-09 00:03:15

Message withdrawn

Jux Mon 01-Jun-09 00:03:54

Ah, x posted. I'm glad you've got people to help. Please call the police too.

ninah Mon 01-Jun-09 00:04:48

well done ratboy glad you have some help
don't feel ashamed to tell people what happened
injuries should be documented at a&e
so sorry you are going through this

epithet Mon 01-Jun-09 00:05:09

Oh, I'm relieved about you calling sister/BIL. You sound strong and in control - you are coping brilliantly. You are doing the best thing for you and your dc, you absolutely are. Hope A&E sort out your fingers and the police sort out your dh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now