Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

guess whats happened today?????

(12 Posts)
Titania Sat 30-Apr-05 17:31:23

not sure if its good or bad. but........

<<<I tried to make things up with my mum today.....>>>

motherinferior Sat 30-Apr-05 17:40:34

Bloody hell, girl.

I'm very glad, for you, that you have taken a step like this; just don't let her put any sh*te onto you.

xxxxxxxx

Titania Sat 30-Apr-05 17:54:39

it was odd..i saw her in the supermarket.....i had changed my hair and obviously the kids had changed and she didnt recognise us.....i cried all the way round cos i thought she was ignoring me. thought that was that. we went and put the shopping in the car and dd needed the toilet so i had to take her back in. mum was coming towards me so I stood in front of her trolley...MADE her look at me....she sort of did a doublr take and then started crying and said 'oh my darling.....are you ok??' i said 'no' and we both started crying. She suggested that we needed to talk so I took dd back to the car and DH took the kids home. Me and mum went and had a coffee and talked for 5 hours We both aired our grievances while the other one listened. She said how sorry she was for all thats happened in the past. I didnt apologise which I was quite proud of cos usually I crumble and keep the peace. I told her I am having couselling and am on ADs and diazepam and she was shocked. I told her about how much everything that had happened had affected me and how much I've wanted to die. Again....shocked.

Anyway, the long and the short of it is that she is sorry. I know that it wont change overnight but we have agreed to take it one day at a time and see how it goes. I feel a little confused by it all, it was all so sudden and emotional. But I guess only time will tell........

motherinferior Sat 30-Apr-05 17:56:43

You go girl - no apologies, tell it like it is, let her face the effects of what she did.

Proud of you.

miam Sat 30-Apr-05 17:59:10

Proud of you Titania.

Titania Sat 30-Apr-05 18:01:49

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

miam Sat 30-Apr-05 18:07:30

Yes maam

Titania Sat 30-Apr-05 18:08:03

SenoraPostrophe Sat 30-Apr-05 18:54:27

well done. I'm really pleased for you.

charleepeters Sat 30-Apr-05 19:50:03

good for you im happy for you and your mom well done

Titania Sun 01-May-05 11:57:41

just wish DH would be ok about it instead of ignoring me now.....

LGJ Sun 01-May-05 12:01:50

Well done honey and well done for being so strong.

Ignore your DH it is a control thing, sorry if that is blunt, but it is. He will come around in time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now