Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

It is not fair!

(7 Posts)
colditz Wed 20-Apr-05 23:28:53

My partner and I both had a day off today. I took ds out to see a friend, my partner propmised he would be back for 3pm to put dinner on.

5pm I arrived home, having done playgroup, parks, and tantrums - no dp. So I put the dinner on myself.

6pm, I phoned dp, and he was still 20 miles away from home, bearing in mind we don't have a car.

7pm he walzed in, bringing his friends with him, and turned his nose up at the just served beef stew, saying he wasn't hungry and had just eaten.

His friends didn't leave until 8:20pm, dp promtly sat down on the sofa and has not moved since.

We hardly ever get a day off together, it can be 3 or 4 weeks until the next one! Now, occasionally, I will put up with this crap, but he did exactly the same thing 2 weeks ago. I have not had an entire day to myself since I was pregnant, and ds is 2 now. I am so angry and have told him so, so now he won't talk to me at all. He has pissed me off all week actually, and it's not even that time of the month.

Gobbledigook Wed 20-Apr-05 23:35:14

Sometimes they just don't bloody think and can be highly insensitive. Men.

Hope you helped yourself to a nice glass of wine and some chocs (my answer to all stress )

colditz Wed 20-Apr-05 23:37:12

Don't like either, and we haven't got any crisps for me to binge eat. That is my answer to all stress. I am going to end up with supernoodles AGAIN and am getting fatter and fatter!

Gobbledigook Wed 20-Apr-05 23:40:43

Supernoodles?! OMG! Yuk!

I hope you gave him a good ear-bashing!

Gomez Wed 20-Apr-05 23:43:17

mmm I love Super Noodles -remind me of my first time at Uni. Quite jealous actually . Sorry not helping with your DH situation but I would tell mine to pi** off but do realise that not everyone communicates in the same way as me.

Goldfish Wed 20-Apr-05 23:44:45

Me ans my sis were having this discussion earlier, about how men can waltz in and out, knowing that everything at home will run like clockwork, while in our case we always put ourselves last. My dh is actually away ATM working and although I miss him I find myself quite content when he is gone as he can't irritate me. When he is at home I ask him if he has roots coming out of his backside joining him to the armchair as he seems to find it so difficult to get up and do something

colditz Wed 20-Apr-05 23:50:46

I didn't so much give him an ear bashing as subject him to 20 minutes of ranting in my bestest shouty needy whiney cross voice.

And those supernoodles are calling me, but I have to check the flavour first cos I only like them if they are MSG-laden.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now