Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

the weird boyfriend saga continues...

(9 Posts)
dejags Tue 19-Apr-05 20:05:49

it's me again - I really must get a life, but I am struggling with this one and need some advice.

Some of you may remember a thread late last year which I started about finding DH's cousins boyfriend looking at very strange things on our internet connection (dead bodies, necrophilia and more). Back then I decided not to pursue the matter because DH's cousin was returning to SA sans her BF, but he decided to follow her home.

I recently found out that when DS has slept at DH's cousins place (her mother is DS's godmother) that DS has had to share a bed with cousin and her weird boyfriend. I was and remain horrified. I am now making excuses why DS can't stay there but it's becoming clear that there is a problem, what on earth can I say?

I was thinking that I should just say that I don't want DS sleeping in the same bed as this guy for obvious reasons but because he is so much part of the furniture I have reason to believe that they would nod sagely and just carry on regardless.

sorry for another post but I am truly stuck on this one.

debs26 Tue 19-Apr-05 20:09:40

i would be horrified if my kids shared a bed with some bloke regardless of whether or not i found him looking at wierd stuff. dont think you have to mention the stuff on computer, just say you are uncomfortable with sleeping arrangements

dejags Tue 19-Apr-05 20:11:53

I am going to say that but as I have mentioned I think they will just merrily ignore me. DS gets such a lot out of his relationship with his Godmother so I don't want to limit his time with her. However, she does have a tendency to ignore me on important things - she doesn't strap him in the car (I banned them going out), she gives him really crappy cheap sweets.

She is a lovely person really

dejags Tue 19-Apr-05 20:48:43

anyone got any ideas?

zebraX Tue 19-Apr-05 20:50:43

What else can you do? You have to say that you want DS to sleep in his own bed... how old is your DS? Could you claim he has an occasional bed-wetting problem? Maybe then they would choose to put him in his own bed...?

debs26 Tue 19-Apr-05 20:54:40

does he have to stay over? what about if you stayed aswell and you two could share

dejags Tue 19-Apr-05 20:55:06

thanks zebra, I am thinking that I need to speak to the boyfriend directly about this. it's a conversation I don't relish having but as far as I can see it's the only way out. I dont see why I should be the one having to make excuses, he's the one in the wrong so I'll leave him to make his excuses on the nights that DS stays over.

dejags Tue 19-Apr-05 20:56:39

space is a problem so I couldn't stay as well. DS shares a bed with DH's cousin which I don't have a problem with as they are very close. Her boyfriend is sadly part of the package atm.

He already knows I know about his weird side, so I might just phone him and say I am uncomfortable with him staying over when DS stays.

zebraX Tue 19-Apr-05 20:58:57

That sounds really good approach, dejags.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now