Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

feeling very left out

(5 Posts)
rah Mon 18-Apr-05 03:08:38

Having trouble sleeping! Don't know where to start really. I have married someone my parent dont approve of. This can caused a lot of problems within my family. My sisters take great pleasure in making me feel the outsider and it really getting me down.

Njata Mon 18-Apr-05 15:41:45

sorry you are feeling low. Wish I had pearls of wisdom, but don't. You could go to your gp and get help with the sleeping, but since it sounds like a reaction to the stresses in your life, it might not be the best thing. As to your parents, you cannot live your life to please other people, even your parents. They have 2 choices, accept or not. You have no control over which they choose and it is not your fault or your responsibility. If they want to be part of your life, they will have to accept your choice of spouse, if they can't respect your decisions, you can't help that. xx

prettyfly1 Mon 18-Apr-05 17:54:52

do you love your husband? does he make you happy? do they have someone making them happy? They cant do or they wouldnt be so happy to make you miserable. I have two sisters who drive me insane and parents that half the time i could happily hang - however i want nothing but to see them happy at all times and my dissapproval at their occasionally stupid actions is irrelevant so i hide it. Bloody well ignore them, they dont control your life and leave them to be petty about someone else. They will soon be on the phone to you when they want to pick on each other.

rah Tue 19-Apr-05 09:22:56

Thank you for your kind messages. I know in my head that I have a wonderful husband and two lovely kids, but they always seem to get under my skin. They know i'm sensitive and they use this against me. I sometimes feel so alone not having the support of my family. I am thinking about seeing a counsellor to discuss my issues with, but have no idea where to start.

prettyfly1 Tue 19-Apr-05 14:35:00

best thing to do in that case is approach your gp. Explain that you feel the way you do and is there someone he can recommend to you as being helpful. Seriously though if these people were friends would you tolerate their behaviour. I know its tough being without the support network of a loving family but they arent going to change so you will never have that perfect relationship with them. Isnt it better just to not let them hurt you anymore? Easier said then done i know but it is possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now