Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Single Parent in France

(3 Posts)
Franglaise Fri 15-Apr-05 09:38:04

I am a mother of two living in France. My husband recently announced that he is returning to England. I live in a rented house in a lovely area with lovely neighbours. I have a job I like and my eldest is settled at school. Does anyone know what my rights would be if he left me? I cannot afford the rent on my own and the benefits system here confuses me. I would be grateful if anyone could tell me what I am entitled to. In fact, any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

emeraldefmach Fri 15-Apr-05 18:41:23

Franglaise, sadly unable to answer your question. How about posting it in the 'legal' section. You might get a better response from there.

Trixie1 Sat 11-Jun-05 02:21:34

franglaise,
Not sure if you have found what you want but telephone the french embassy and they will advise you. Alternatively telephone english embassy in France 01 44 51 31 02. Keep us posted how it is going.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now