Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What do men like in a woman?

(33 Posts)
juicychops Tue 12-Apr-05 22:13:35

I don't understand what men find attractive in a woman. To me it feels like im not what my dp wants. what makes the 'ideal' wife/partner? my dp always contradicts himself whenever i talk about this kind of stuff... i.e. if i ask am i fat, he says no you are perfect. Then other days that im too skinny, then he will see a stick thin model on tv and say she is gorgeous and 'perfect'. Do men care more about looks? or do they actually look at the person?

collision Tue 12-Apr-05 22:17:59

My DH does not fancy anyone off the TV or in films. He hates skinny women and too much makeup so I suppose he prefers the person to the looks. (Not sure what that says about me....maybe I am a scruffy cow!! )

The bottom line is he just fancies me!!!

HappyDaddy Wed 13-Apr-05 09:31:02

A lot of us men look at women on telly or magazines and think they are gorgeous but wouldn't want them as partners because they aren't quite what we're looking for. Appreciating beauty is very different from choosing a partner, our partners are all beautiful and far more beautiful than anyone on telly could be, because we know our partners better.
We're also a bit thick and do tend to forget things we've said!

marthamoo Wed 13-Apr-05 09:33:07

A pulse?

Frizbe Wed 13-Apr-05 09:38:33

LOL marthamoo
dh likes legs n arse, which is a good thing I think?!

JoolsToo Wed 13-Apr-05 09:39:57

lou33 Wed 13-Apr-05 09:40:08

don't think that's always top of the list moo is it?

HappyDaddy Wed 13-Apr-05 09:41:27

Personally boobs, bum and smile, in that order.

wheresmyfroggy Wed 13-Apr-05 09:42:48

a couple of bottles of wine always helps

nailpolish Wed 13-Apr-05 09:43:57

just asked dh and he said 'imagination'

cant imagine what he means

lou33 Wed 13-Apr-05 09:44:55

did anyone see sean in nip/tuck having sex with a blow up doll type thingy last night?

juicychops Wed 13-Apr-05 10:05:37

Yeah! it was a bit weird. do men actually do that?

munz Wed 13-Apr-05 10:10:17

my DH is a boobs man, which is good cos mine r huge! he doens't like bum/legs which again is good cos i'm a short arse!

think HD got the nail on the head.

JoolsToo Wed 13-Apr-05 10:12:25

men are so shallow - sorry men!

Beetroot Wed 13-Apr-05 10:13:16

Message withdrawn

DaddyCool Wed 13-Apr-05 10:36:16

appearance wise, i like blondes with really big boobs and a dirty look about them

personality wise i like really funny and 'with it' women. it also helps if they are a bit gobby and outspoken.

i used to work with an extremely attractive woman but she just didn't have anything about her - no sense of humour, always miserable, shockingly low intelligence and that turned me right off to the point where i didn't see her as attractive at all.

DillyDally Wed 13-Apr-05 10:38:00

Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they just get the rotten apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy...... So the apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who's brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Share this with other women who are good apples, even those who have already been picked!

And... Men? Men are like a fine wine. They start out as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh# t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with...

DaddyCool Wed 13-Apr-05 10:41:24

..."some people call me a bad apple, well i may be bruised but i still taste sweet.... some people call me a bad apple but i may be the sweetest apple on the tree...."

sorry, dd's post reminded me of an old song by David Wilcox (american blues guy)

nevermind...

MrsMedders Wed 13-Apr-05 10:42:23

Excellent!

My Dh just wants his tea on the table and his undies washed, he isn't bothered who does it!

hub2dee Wed 13-Apr-05 10:50:51

DC: "Eye of the Hurricane" - DW - fab, eh ?

wild Wed 13-Apr-05 10:57:06

so DC supposing the woman you worked with had been a real minger but with great sense of humour, spark etc .. does it work the other way round? (not asking cos I ming btw !)

DaddyCool Wed 13-Apr-05 11:02:39

TBH... depends how minging. i'm only human after all. let's face it, none of us want to be paired up with minger, do we?

I can't lie, looks come into the equation with most of us does it not?

DaddyCool Wed 13-Apr-05 11:08:06

tbh hub2dee, i just remember a few songs by him back in high school. is that a recent album?

Mud Wed 13-Apr-05 11:13:25

I thought they wanted 3ft tall, big ears and a flat head [

DillyDally Wed 13-Apr-05 11:15:35

What they want and what they marry tend to be two different things

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now