Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Rocky patch or the end?

(4 Posts)
MotherBoke Sun 22-Feb-09 02:15:33

I don't know what to do and I have no one to talk to. My marriage has hit the rocks but I don't know whether to leave, or to try and make it work. Have been married 4 years, have 2 year old daughter and 5 month son. My husband is a great guy but there is no connection anymore. We don't chat or have a laugh anymore, only sex in last couple of years was to get pregnant, he shows no interest in me but worships our daughter. I'm so miserable. any advice?

ClaudiaSchiffer Sun 22-Feb-09 02:31:40

Don't do anything rash MotherBoke. I think many relationships go through a really shit patch when the kids are little. You are both under huge amounts of stress and responsibility and it is bloody hard work bringing up 2 small children. From all accounts it does get easier - my own 2 dds are 3 and 1, so slightly older than yours and I do feel that I am able to offer DH a bit more these days than just a surly grumpy wife. Still no bed of roses but we do have some laughs now and again.

I think if you can see that your dh is a great guy then that is a good starting point for improving things. It's when you really loath them that your in deep shit I think.

Can you get babysitters in so that you and dh can get out occasionally?

MotherBoke Sun 22-Feb-09 16:00:44

Thanks for giving me hope ClaudiaSchiffer! Every other couple seems so happy even with small kids, just nice to know its not so uncommon!

stuffitllama Sun 22-Feb-09 16:07:43

It could be grim when ours were small. It's so hard to give each other attention. One of us always seemed to feel hard done by. But yes, it gets better and the fun side creeps back in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now