Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

does ne1 ever read through their partners text messages

(29 Posts)
daisey Mon 11-Apr-05 17:02:19

I always have a sneeky look through my partners fone to see who hes been texting or ringing. I extremely jealous and suspicious.

cod Mon 11-Apr-05 17:02:57

Message withdrawn

cod Mon 11-Apr-05 17:03:34

Message withdrawn

SeaShells Mon 11-Apr-05 17:07:28

I read though dp's and sort all his emails and everything, I don't look because I think there might be something he is hiding from me, I'm not jealous at all, I simply do it because he's useless and never checks his emails and his phone memory is always full as he never deletes his texts. I'd be angry if he ever went though mine though

Mud Mon 11-Apr-05 17:08:57

I'd be reallyu annoyed if he did ti to me so no I don't but hten he wouldn't dare [girn]

lunavix Mon 11-Apr-05 17:09:36

When I remember!

I got into an ex's email account years ago and found out what I had been suspecting - he was chasing after his ex. Made me extremely suspicious since and I check dp's texts and emails. He knows (occassionally!) although not why and doesn't seem to mind. Would fume if he checked mine though!

TheVillageIdiot Mon 11-Apr-05 17:18:43

No I think it's really rude and actually if they were hiding something they'd delete it straight away anyway! I would be v angry with my dp if he did that to me and hypocracy is my pet hate - of course it always runs through my mind to look when it's lying around

If I end up looking tonight I'm blaming you lot

iota Mon 11-Apr-05 17:19:02

I never check dh's email or phone - couldn't be ar*sed.

dyzzidi Mon 11-Apr-05 17:55:44

Yes sorry ladies but I do check his phone bill, creditcard bills and bank statement. I have to open them as he workd abroad and I obviously have to check them if they are in my hand.

I also check his texts every now and then.

coppertop Mon 11-Apr-05 18:25:33

Dh would let me look if I wanted to but tbh I've never bothered. I don't have a mobile but it wouldn't bother me if dh looked at my e-mails.

vict17 Mon 11-Apr-05 18:27:30

I wish I knew how to hack into people's emails. My 'best friend' at uni hacked into mine because she thought I was flirting with her boyf. I never knew how she did it

JoolsToo Mon 11-Apr-05 18:28:23

absolutely not

WigWamBam Mon 11-Apr-05 18:35:58

Wouldn't dream of it. He sometimes asks me to check his messages and emails for him, but I wouldn't otherwise. It would be like opening his letters, and I don't do that either.

Mosschops30 Mon 11-Apr-05 18:43:09

Message withdrawn

HappyDaddy Mon 11-Apr-05 20:00:59

We both ask each other to check our texts when they come in, if we can't be arsed getting our own phones. I don't go through old texts though, I know there's nothing interesting in there. She's too clever for that!

kama Mon 11-Apr-05 20:03:39

Message withdrawn

serenity Mon 11-Apr-05 20:08:54

We only have a family email address, so we read each others all the time. I've never even thought about reading his text messages. Having said that, if he's busy and someone texts him I'll get it for him, but he does the same for me. Neither of us 'snoop' on each other.

cod Mon 11-Apr-05 21:01:38

Message withdrawn

fairyfly Mon 11-Apr-05 21:11:23

I merely had to walk past my x's phone and he would panic and if i picked it up to give it him, my god he would freak out. I dont read my boyfriends i just pick it up now and again and look at it, see if he has the same fear in his eyes.

pixiefish Mon 11-Apr-05 21:14:34

nah don't bother... can't be bothered tbh. Plus if I found something I couldn't be bothered with that either as I'd have to do something and upset the status quo

secretregular Mon 11-Apr-05 21:16:32

very sorry to say yes I have. used to do it regularly then didn't for about a year, then did it about a month ago and got totally the wrong end of the stick about some texts to his colleague at work. you have to be really careful, its too easy to blow things up. I've vowed not to check again. well for at least a month

lou33 Mon 11-Apr-05 21:22:55

nope, doesn't cross my mind to

kissalot Mon 11-Apr-05 21:23:34

Yes, don't know why as I've never found anything juicy. I'm just nosy, I think.

secretregular Mon 11-Apr-05 21:25:20

I'm just paranoid. Wish I could say "never felt the need to".

feelingold Mon 11-Apr-05 22:28:30

I suspected my ex-h was having an affair, (I don't know why, but something was definitely different about him) so I checked his text messages and his mobile phone bill and found he had been phoning a certain mobile number a hell of a lot and receiving cryptic texts from the same mobile number. After a few thoughtful moments I realised this was MY BEST FRIENDS mobile number and when I asked him about it he admitted they had been having an affair for 3 months!!
So, if you do check them all I can say is be prepared to face the consequences.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now