Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

what to get new man for valentines, if anything at all?

(7 Posts)
notdonevalentinesforyears Tue 03-Feb-09 13:25:12

not done this for years and years and years. and it is a long distance relationship. havent actually seen him for over a year. well before he became new man. grin he is completely and utterly lovely. i want to get something that shows how muchi appreciate how wonderful he is.
dont want to sendhim flowers. not evensure i want to do the consumerist thing. but, feel he might get hurt if i dont do something.
any suggestions welcome.

FisherKing Tue 03-Feb-09 13:56:07

what about a book of poems - romantic, something to treasure, and you can highlight the ones that mean something to you (and which you hope he might like...)

SheWillBeLoved Tue 03-Feb-09 14:21:44

Do you have any pictures of the both of you together?

You could buy one of those picture frames, which let you open them up and stick things to a padded inside..? I tried to google it but I have no idea what they're called and "photo frame box" isn't cutting it grin

Attach the picture (or just a picture of you if you have no together ones), write some nice poetry or just a nice letter to him on some paper and do the old coffee stained/edge burned effect to make it look 'old'. Pop that in there too.

And then decorate it with some dried rose petals and other lovely bits and bobs

I've done one for DP. Has a picture of us both, his favourite lyrics on coffee stained/oven baked/edge burned paper grin, an Everton badge as he's nuts about them, our first baby scan, our first date cinema tickets which I kept blush and other random bits, and I decorated it with dried cream rose petals. It's been sat on his desk since and he loves that so much thought went into it.

Iklboo Tue 03-Feb-09 14:25:44

It's a long distance relationship and you haven't actually seen him for over a year?
One of those photobook things on t'internet with pictures of you and places you've been while you've been apart?
An invitation to come and see you?

EyefullTower Tue 03-Feb-09 17:11:16

make him a cd compliation. If you haven't seen him for a year you won't have much to put in the memory box atm.

notdonevalentinesforyears Tue 03-Feb-09 20:30:23

lovelylovely lovely ideas.
but this is what i meant by how lovely he is to me.
photo of the two of us together. he not only has a hard copy, he has loads of us on the internet.
he sends me songs. links to youtube, but still songs.... during the entire christmas holidays, i got a new song every single day. and even if we were up chatting,(8 hour time difference) i wasn tallowed to look at the song until after i had woken up.
the scrapbook thing, i will definitly do, once we have some actual stuff. at the moment, if the internet goes down, and the phone goes down. i owuldnt even be able to get intouchwith him.i actually dont even have his mail address as he moved two weeks ago.
an invitation to come see me is the only thing, but neither one of us can afford the plane fare at the moment.

i could do th elyrics of some of those songs, and write them down, and send those as a word file? somehow, i like the rose petals idea better than the word file idea.
eek...

notdonevalentinesforyears Tue 03-Feb-09 20:32:43

lol, if i could see him , it would be easy, as i would just get him some sexy underwear for me to wear.. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now