Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Boyfriend keeps goin on chatrooms!!!!

(4 Posts)
mummyof2 Sun 03-Apr-05 12:55:33

I have recently discovered that my BF keeps goin on chatrooms.When i came home the other day i logged on and own to see somethin and found out he had been on 3 different chat rooms.I told him it made me feel uncomfortable he even admitted he only likes talking to women as men might get the wrong idea! Am i being too paranoid.To top it off there was an email from a girl saying good to hear from him so i butted in asking her where she got email address from she said from BF on a chat room site we had a big row he denied talkin to girl, this is really bugging me what should i do?

pinkroses Sun 03-Apr-05 16:20:36

I dated a chap a few years ago who was obsessed with chat rooms. He used to sit up all night on them. I thought at the time it was a harmless habit, but I discovered one day that he had met a girl and met her....whilst still dating me.

His answer to this was that we were not serious-we had been dating a few months!!!

I personally would say it is smething to be bothered about...especially if he has contacted a specific person.

mummyof2 Sun 03-Apr-05 16:36:29

Iam bothered about it but i cant stop doing it when he is at work.I have been with him 8 years and 2 children together! What can i do?

expatinscotland Sun 03-Apr-05 16:38:50

Calmly explain your concerns to his employer. Ask if they can put a chatroom block on his workstation. Or if he has a cool work colleague, get them to tell him his employer is watching his 'net usage.

Block access to them from your home PC.

Like pinkroses, I dated a chap like that as well. He was a liar thru and thru.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now