Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Does it annoy you when dp goes to pub?

(10 Posts)
ComeWhineWithMe Wed 07-Jan-09 17:09:50

We have 5 dc and I am 20 weeks pg ,he sometimes goes and has a drink on the way home and I try not to get annoyed but it really pees me off ,especially when it is the awful time betwen tea time and bedtime when all the dc play up .

I just sometimes wonder what he would do if I just took myself off to the pub and left him alone with 5 tired dc ,a meal to prepare and sack of spuds tied to his waist grin.

Oh ignore me I am an emotional whingebag .

RGPargy Wed 07-Jan-09 17:12:45

Oh poor you!!

If DP did it often, yes, i would get very peed off! If it wasn't very often, it wouldn't stress me.

Fizzfiend Wed 07-Jan-09 17:20:33

It wouldn't stress me at all with my one dc. However, with 5, I would be pretty mad if he did it on a regular basis.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 11-Jan-09 13:19:31

maybe you should go out at teatime/bath time so he can do it alone

and he can see what you do

tbh dh going to pub isnt a bad thing, but guess depends how often he does it, ie every day?

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 11-Jan-09 13:22:24

I don't care when DH goes to the pub, but then, it's not often, I have one tame child and I'm not pregnant.

how often does he do it? And how much notice do you get/

themildmanneredjanitor Sun 11-Jan-09 13:22:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Monkeyblue Sun 11-Jan-09 13:22:44

If he did it most evenings then yes
If it was now and again then no

solidgoldsoddingjanuaryagain Sun 11-Jan-09 13:23:38

It's not on if he does it all the time but never allows you to go out ie never takes care of the DC for a few hours so you can have time off.
If he does it once a week and also does at least one night a week of childcare so you can go out then that's fair enough.

LoveMyLapTop Sun 11-Jan-09 13:24:29

It used to really annoy me when DH used to stop off at the pub on his way home from work at waht for me was the worst time of day with the DS's ( teatime / bedtime).
His argument being ' If I go early I get back early '
It became a huge issue for me and nearly resulted in divorce - seriously.
Now if he goes to the pub it is after DS's aare in bed.

Tommy Sun 11-Jan-09 13:26:58

I have to nag DH to go to the pub!

Although I know how you feel with that time of day - it's awful isn't it? DH was home early on Friday and he asked me why DS3 was so whingey - I had to point out that he is always like that when I'm trying to cook tea... hmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: