Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

"I'm sorry we can't see you anymore"............

(14 Posts)
BadgerBadger Tue 29-Mar-05 01:28:47

...........said the postcard.

"We miss you lots" said the postcard.

"We'll get you easter eggs and see you then" said the postcard.

Another postcard exactly the same as the first arrived the following day, addressed to DD1 (nearly 3 yrs).

From MIL, of course. Firstly, no-one has prevented her from seeing the girls but herself. Secondly, they've made no effort whatsoever to call or visit DD's over Easter (or present easter eggs, FTM). The lying bi**ch.

GGGGGrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Thanks! Feel marginally better for getting that out, but and on DD's behalf!

BadgerBadger Tue 29-Mar-05 01:30:03

(Just to add, I obviously didn't read them out to DD's, just said the postman had bought the first, and binned the second as I had managed to intercept it!)

Tortington Tue 29-Mar-05 02:25:51

send a thank you note - reiterating she is welcome to see the kids at any time

" thank you for your thoughtful postcards. it was a lovely thing to do and showed us all how much you cared. please do feel free to arrange a time to come and see us. i am sure the children would very much enjoy it and i will get in a packet of ginger nuts just for the occasion"

if she thinks you hate her guts - this lovely letter will really piss her off

Chandra Tue 29-Mar-05 02:26:55

We got a letter like that for DS in his last birthday, saying that MIL missed him and his father and that she can not had contact with him because I was angry with her and that I have not wanted to talk about it with her. She obviously forgot to include that I have decided not to talk it through any longer after her seven years long failure to respect our independance as a family, or the years of racist comments. She also conveniently didn't mention that she had asked DH to decide between her and me just a few seconds afterwards. The only thing she won with that letter is that she would not see DS unsupervised in the future.

bubbly1973 Tue 29-Mar-05 16:23:52

good post custardo, that would sure piss someone off!!!

anorak Tue 29-Mar-05 16:57:37

Same here Chandra.

They sent a book called 'Grandpa is Great'.

'Grandpa is a selfish w**r, more like' was my DH's comment as the book accidentally fell in the bin.

flamesparrow Tue 29-Mar-05 17:02:03

I love Custardo's!!

Why are people so evil????

BadgerBadger Wed 30-Mar-05 01:33:20

I like Custardo's too, but TBH, I just haven't got the restraint not to add bracketed comments............

" thank you (you insufferable cow) for your (un) thoughtful postcards. it was ('nt) a lovely thing to do and showed us all how much you (haven't) cared. please do feel free to arrange a time to come and see us (and we will try our damndest to be inextricably tied up somewhere far away)). i am sure the children would very much (not) enjoy it and i will get in a packet of (arsenic to lace the) ginger nuts just for the occasion"

See? Impossible!

Anyway, BIL turned up today to shower DD's in a bag load of goodies (bribes) from MIL. So was met at the door by DH, who said thanks very much, but we would prefer to give these to DD's later on, when we'll have the time and peace to answer any questions about the situation as it stands. (Or something similar).

- I'm pleased with this, as well as ensuring we could intercept any weird additions to the usual easter faire, it has given the clear message that DH and I run this home, and that while the girls are little at least, we will decide how things are done around here.

MIL has previously gone by a very much 'divide and conquer' rule where DH and I are concerned. Although we now have no contact with M+FIL, we are standing together as a family at last, and TBH, it feels really good!

Tortington Wed 30-Mar-05 12:54:58

LOL - nice one badger

bubbly1973 Wed 30-Mar-05 13:42:47

rofl badger
excellent!!

BadgerBadger Thu 31-Mar-05 00:00:25

Snugs Thu 31-Mar-05 00:03:12

That would be class Badger, you really should send it

(by the way, did I see you posting earlier - in daylight? Wondered if the clocks changing might have confused you there for a minute )

moondog Thu 31-Mar-05 00:05:36

That's weird anorak, sending a book bigging up (as I believe the youngsters say )yourself like that...

BadgerBadger Thu 31-Mar-05 00:22:35

I could Snugs....but then she'd have written proof that I'm "Sick in the head" (her words, not mine). Anyway, I may well be, but it takes one to know one, right? .

LMAO re posting earlier...... April's bursting with birthdays, so thought I'd have a quick (ahem) gander around t'internet - and ended up here just can't help myself!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: