Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

men are so unreasonable

(11 Posts)
starshaker Thu 24-Mar-05 16:06:16

is it me or does a man moan if he doesnt get what he wants. i found out today that my brother sil and 2 neices were staying at my mums for the next few days and me and dp were invited down for dinner on sunday. he is now in a strop because he doesnt want to do anything on sunday cos its his day off and he very rarely gets time just being in the house (which is cos hes at every bloody rangers game there is) he doesnt seem to care that i only see my neices about twice a year and since ive moved in with dp im further away from my mum 2 so its not so easy to see them when they are here. is it me thats being unreasonable to ask him to spend time with my family for a change.

sorry for moaning just really hurt and upset

vict17 Thu 24-Mar-05 16:09:08

Blimey - but he won't even have to go anywhere will he or are you eating out?!! Much sympathies, men can be very unreasonable. My dh is currently having a nap because he is 'so tired'.... so how come it was me who got up at 5.30am with ds?!

starshaker Thu 24-Mar-05 16:10:24

we would need to drive to my parents and its not even him that drives its me and im 37 weeks pg

bubbly1973 Thu 24-Mar-05 16:39:39

starshaker, i know where you are coming from, my dh has moaned about this too

do you think he would say the same thing if it was his family you were going to visit on sunday?

how about you comprimise, tell him you would stay a few hours then come home?...not the same i know, you will feel like your watching the time or dh will be narky and sulking when you get home

i dont think you are being unreasonable if every sunday he gets to relax and this sunday he doesnt

bubbly1973 Thu 24-Mar-05 16:41:27

starshaker, alternativly(sp?) could your nieces etc come to see you...perhaps saturday, so that dh can have his own way?

i know, it dont seem fair that you have to go out of your way to keep dh happy, but sometimes if it saves sulking it can be worth it...not fair though

dyzzidi Thu 24-Mar-05 16:43:28

I would go by myself and get my revenge the next time a game is on by telling him we need some together time. I would probably go for the whole day and leave DH a list of chores that are inside the house so he gets his wish. Do this before Sunday and he may change his mind.

I am a bit evil like that and i always stick to my guns.

starshaker Thu 24-Mar-05 17:05:22

i cant change it cos we have plans with his family on sat but really considering saying well i dont want to do that anymore and just go down to see them on sat as well as going down on sunday. the thing is he says i can go on my own but when i normally want to go see my mum or mates he says he doesnt want me driving on my own cos im so pg its really getting to me

starshaker Thu 24-Mar-05 17:08:02

my neices cant come up cos my mum is having a big dinner and all the fam is gonna be there with there partners and kids and im gonna look bad cos he hasnt come and they will all think that ive done something and thats why hes not there

bubbly1973 Thu 24-Mar-05 18:52:30

starshaker, thats so bloody annoying
annoying that he wont be tired or complain about seeing HIS family on saturday yet he will miraculously be tired on sunday, the day that happens to be the day to see your family

i think im angry cos i see my own situation when i read yours!!

tell him if he will be that tired on sunday then to cancel the saturday meet up with his family!

or tell him you wont be coming on saturday as you are tired!!

but if your like me, then you wont say anything, cos you want an easy life so will put up with it

i am always making excuses for my dh rather than telling the truth that he is relaxing and thats why he hasnt come over...because saying the truth seems a ridiculous excuse

good luck

coppertop Thu 24-Mar-05 19:07:34

So he's got the energy to visit his own family but not yours? He's being very selfish IMHO.

starshaker Fri 25-Mar-05 10:51:48

made him feel very guilty by refusing to talk to him so think he will be there lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now