Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

dp is a boring git

(210 Posts)
nikcola Sun 20-Mar-05 11:49:10

he works very very hard i will admit that but this weekend he hasnt had any private jobs on (hes a mechanic) all i want to do is go out and do something all 3 of us but he wont he is a grumpy sod and im really staring to hate him we never never go out its allways left up to me to entertain dd and its not bloody fair all he does is come round here and sit on his arse and watch telly i need some fun im soo bored i feel like im 60 and im 21

littlemissbossy Sun 20-Mar-05 11:53:43

Hi Nikcola! sorry to hear you're having a shitty day
perhaps YOU should start to arrange things for you and your dd to do together on a weekend and tell him we're you're going "on Sunday we're ALL going to x, OK?" that way the day's not wasted IYKWIM. Remind him that he'll have all the time in the world to laze around when he's retired, but whilst you're young, you want to be out and about and enjoying life!

nikcola Sun 20-Mar-05 11:55:59

he wont do anything he is so boring and lazy unless someone needs their car fixing then he will get of his arse i just feel so bored and lonely

Lonelymum Sun 20-Mar-05 11:56:33

Know where you are coming from Nikcola. My dh is the same. The weekends are for relaxing after his hard week at work. Trouble is relaxing for him is always sitting in front of the TV never going out with the family. Sorry, can't help you, but you are not alone.

mummytosteven Sun 20-Mar-05 11:58:37

agree with LMB, you're going to have to arrange stuff for you and DD to do and then see if he wants to join in or not. better than sitting round feeling cross.

mancmum Sun 20-Mar-05 11:58:52

well if I was 21 I would not be hanging around waiting for life to happen... you are too young.. get out there without him and see what happens....

nikcola Sun 20-Mar-05 12:00:27

he has just came in and told me that he is going to fix his bros car because he doesnt want to be with a misserable cow like me

mancmum Sun 20-Mar-05 12:02:27

sounds like you are making each other miserable.... maybe it is time for one of those BIG chats... you can not go on like this... can you?

lou33 Sun 20-Mar-05 12:03:36

go find an 18 year old hottie nickola.

MistressMary Sun 20-Mar-05 12:03:38

Well get your stuff together and go out and have a day out.
He may come round to your way of thinking soon.

Papillon Sun 20-Mar-05 12:04:01

Yes don´t wait for him to organise something. And he doesn´t want to come along, then thats a shame but its more of a shame if you live your life around him and the TV. In fact he should babysit and you go out nightclubbing regularly!

LIZS Sun 20-Mar-05 12:08:06

Jump in the car with dd and head off for nearest park or farm. His loss

littlemissbossy Sun 20-Mar-05 12:10:58

well I hope you told him you wouldn't be miserable if you were treated a little bit better
get yourself and dd out, go window shopping if you have to, but don't sit around waiting for him!!

MistressMary Sun 20-Mar-05 12:17:07

My patner is lacking in spontenaity somewhat and when he does a get day off he just wants to relax.
So I say we are going out you can come if you want to?
Actually I prefer this as I would get wound up if I stayed in any more than I do already.
Just because I'm in a relationshop doesnt mean we are joined at the hip thank gawd!

nikcola Sun 20-Mar-05 12:30:46

ive sent him out to get some meat (i wont go cause there is no where to park) i was gonna take dd to the park but its raining so im going to tidy up then have a bath with dd and then might go and get a dvd,

whenever i say to dp lets do somthing he just moans he really is boring and i wish he wasnt cause its not fair on dd

when i say he is borning he just says go out with someone exditing then,
ffs i dont want someone exciting just someone not so bloody booring this morning i said lets go shopping cause i need a new top for a party next week (i havent been out since my birthday) and he just said " oh want to waste money again do we " god sometimes i hate him

me and dd have got 2 weeks off nursery/college so i think hopefully we will have some fun without him

lou33 Sun 20-Mar-05 12:34:29

you sure you should be with him nickola? What is it in your relationship with him that makes it special to you? I now you have dd together, but aside from her i mean?

MistressMary Sun 20-Mar-05 12:38:03

Actually he sounds a bit resentful or something?

nikcola Sun 20-Mar-05 12:46:32

its just that sometimes he isnt very nice to me hes not horrible or anything i think he just doesnt like me sometimes i dont no why,

i do love him and i no he loves me he is 28 and im 21 i was 15 when i meet him , i just want to live my life and have fun i dont have many friends the people at college find me a bit overpowering i think because im allways asking them if they want to do stuff like meet up or go out i just want some friends and a life

MistressMary Sun 20-Mar-05 12:49:37

So he is past that age and wants to settle down and you want to make up for your lost partying years?

nikcola Sun 20-Mar-05 12:51:09

yep that about right, in 6 years we have never been out together, he doesnt go out on his own either but he just cant understand why i want to go out

MistressMary Sun 20-Mar-05 12:52:08

Did he ever go out before you met him?

LGJ Sun 20-Mar-05 12:52:48

Give him his P45

I might be wrong but it sounds like your house is just being used as somewhere to doss.

lou33 Sun 20-Mar-05 12:53:31

is that really what you want from a relationship ?

or is it a case of just what you are used to, scared to go and find what you want, iyswim?

nikcola Sun 20-Mar-05 12:54:05

yeh he used to go out he used to be a real male slag! im all for settling down and helping him save money for his deposit my me going out every now and then aint gona bancrupt him is it ?

lou33 Sun 20-Mar-05 12:56:55

really i don't see how he is in any position to comment on what you do, where you go or who you see tbh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now