Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

When........

(19 Posts)
Shell150 Fri 11-Mar-05 12:32:52

Do you have a shower??

Silly Q i know but DP has just went mad cos he came home from work early, i was in the shower and dd was in her hop and pop toy. In the bathroom i might add!!!! I really dont see the prob with this??? She is happy! she loves me peeking past the shower curtain and if she has a cold which she does atm the steam helps her.

He has really pissed me off he must have thought i never have a wash cos i never have a shower or bath at night always in the morning when he is at work but he has now said he thinks i should have one at night!! what for??? or is he right????

Sorry this might sound a bit pathetic but i needed 2 ask iykwim

dot1 Fri 11-Mar-05 12:36:10

what??!!! I don't understand why he's gone mad??! I have a shower in the morning - as does dp. We take it in turns to have quick showers while the other one watches the children. At weekends our luxury event is to have a whole 10 minutes in there while the other one starts breakfast/gets them dressed etc..!

sweetmonkey Fri 11-Mar-05 12:38:02

sounds a bit silly to me too, why should you have one at night when all this time it has been during day
as long as baby is safe which by sounds of it she is then id carry on with what your doing
at the end of day if you are at home looking after baby then you need to develop a routine that suits you, not your partner
does that sound too harsh?
sorry if it does,not meant to

nailpolish Fri 11-Mar-05 12:39:02

shell, how old is your baby? i have a 2.5 yr old and a 5 mth old, when i want to go for my shower i just tell dd1 i wont be long, she knows where i am if she needs me, and dd2 sits in her bouncy chair while i peek with the curtain too.

whats the big prob? your dh is being silly, what you should do is tell him to try and he will know baby is safe

TUTT
MEN

TheVillageIdiot Fri 11-Mar-05 12:39:51

?? What's it got to do with him when you have a shower?

colditzmum Fri 11-Mar-05 12:40:37

Tell him to mind his own damn business! If baby is safe, you can have a shower when you want.

If he queries that, remind him that under the Human Rights act, denying someone access to washing facilities is ABUSE!

kama Fri 11-Mar-05 12:40:45

Message withdrawn

katierocket Fri 11-Mar-05 12:41:40

went mad about what exactly?! totally ridiculous reaction IMO

nailpolish Fri 11-Mar-05 12:42:18

fgs waht does he do when he is the house with out you and he needs the loo? or does he just go at nights?

SIGH
MEN

Listmaker Fri 11-Mar-05 12:44:33

I'm a single parent and have been since my two dds were 2 and 3 mths so I had no option but to have a shower with them around!! I used to shut them in the bathroom with me when they were little and they were always fine! Then when they were a bit older had a stairgate at the top of the stairs and shut bedroom doors except their's. Never came to any harm in 5 years and I have a longish shower every morning and always have had!

Sounds like he's being ridiculous to me! Sorry!

psychomum5 Fri 11-Mar-05 12:44:39

Ignore him and shower whenever you like!!!!

Before mine started school, I had one whenever it fitted into the day. And normally with a baby in a bouncer right by the door, so I too could play peekeboo too

Now I get up before the kiddies and jump in then, but only because my routine has evolved to that.

Many a time in actual fact, showers have been taken while kiddies are asleep!!!!!

franke Fri 11-Mar-05 12:48:10

What nonsense! How's he going to police it anyway? Come home from work randomly to try and catch you out?

DS (10 months) stands at the shower (we have a cubicle) and watches me. He gets wet, but he loves it and I know where he is. It's a good way to while away 10 minutes.

tarantula Fri 11-Mar-05 13:02:24

Like all the others I cant see what his prob is. What did he say was wrong with it? Tell him to get a life.

tarantula Fri 11-Mar-05 13:03:33

Jsut to add dd always comes into the bathroom with me and usually into the shower or bath too when Im in it.

Shell150 Fri 11-Mar-05 13:11:24

Think he is stressed cos were moving house atm thats why he has went mad still its no excuse im stressed, im the one thats packing and looking after dd well ok not the now cos iv came on here and as usaul my day has been spent on computer why is this so addictive??

Sweet monkey dont worry bout it being harsh i think my reply 2 him was worse nailpolish she is 8months and he never watches her during the day so he wouldnt know!!! its funny actually he has took dd out for the day so i could pack lol what will he say when he comes home and naff all has been done

Glad im not the only one who does peek a boo through curtain!!! lol and thanks for making me feel better (Dont know why i felt bad in first place like cos i knew their was nothing wrong with it)

men why are some so bloody annoying?????

nailpolish Fri 11-Mar-05 13:12:29

you need to leave him with her for a while, so he can get a taste for it, bet he apologises

Sponge Fri 11-Mar-05 13:17:13

What an idiot.
Was dd crying?
Quite funny to imagine what he thought you had been doing. Did he think you were some magical self cleaning woman?

Shell150 Fri 11-Mar-05 17:13:03

Nooooooooo DD loves playing in her toy in the morning have done it since she was born so its OUR routine he did come home and apologise!!!!

I found it very funny when he said whatcha done all day??? Ohhhh i love to annoy him when he starts this pathetic behavior he is worse than a 2 yr old at times!!!!!

And im planning to leave him 2moro morning see how he copes with having a shower getting dressed, making breakfast with DD Stuck to him?? think i might hid cameras in house so can get a good laugh!!! lol DD knows what her Daddy is like and totally takes the mick out of him for example i put DD down to go do something she plays happy and content unitl i come back and play with her daddy puts her down and she screams cos she knows he will lift her so 2moro should be VERY intresting lol

Shell150 Fri 11-Mar-05 17:14:31

Oh yeah and sponge i sure he thinks their is a magic fairy in this house that does all the cooking cleaning and washing while i sit and play with dd alllllll day long!! If only i would loves to sit and play all day and do no housework lol

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: