Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

what should i spend money on?

(19 Posts)
stitch Fri 11-Mar-05 08:48:40

my dh is being a git again. i am veryv ery upset by the things he said to me last week. amongst other things, apparently i am a gold digger. i am sick to death of his attitude, and have decided that if he can go out and buy himself a versace jacket, then why am i busting my guts trying to spend less on food and the kids?
( last week he was in a strop because his frosties had finished and i hadnt bought any more. well, what about the effing pack of almost full rice krispies sitting in the cupboard. what am i supposed to do, chuck it because he doesnt want to eat it? and then listen to him moan about how much i spend on groceries!

anyways, trouble is now that i have made the decision to spend lots of his money, i cant find anything to spend it on.
clothes, i hate shopping for these as nothing fits and i just get depressed
makeup, well i bought a foundation, but dont actually need anything else
shoes, i am imelda marcus the second anyways, and most definitly dont need anymore. not to mention that i have recently sprained my ankele and shouldnt be onthree inch heels anyways

what else is there?????

purpleturtle Fri 11-Mar-05 08:49:53

a holiday?

munnzieb Fri 11-Mar-05 08:50:13

lol, well do u have a health spa or somehting locally u could visit? (get a couple of mates and have a nice day relaxing with them on his credit card!)

Frizbe Fri 11-Mar-05 08:50:18

nice pampering treatments at the beauty salon! if you really wanna waste money, and you'll definately feel good about it afterwards!

lockets Fri 11-Mar-05 08:50:21

Message withdrawn

flamesparrow Fri 11-Mar-05 08:51:19

Bras - a woman can never have too many expensive bras! Not meant to be a "bra thread" dig before I get yelled at for picking on the bra selling woman!

nnosam Fri 11-Mar-05 08:53:29

dvds, chocolates (for you), get your hair done,
toys, books for the kids, wine.

my hubby has jkust done the same to me. we have just moved and are skint, so am being very carefull about spending on food, so out gose hubby and buys a "subwoffer" (sp) for the pc, why? who knows.
any way i am going to tesco in the mornign and getting lots of food, my cupborads and fridge/frezzer are empty.

loudmum Fri 11-Mar-05 08:54:14

divorce lawyer -- and then you get all his money when you want!

stitch Fri 11-Mar-05 08:57:13

lol
i like the idea of a divorce lawyer. but trouble is i am such a sucker i still love him to bits!

i was also thinking along the lines of beauty treatments. trouble is organising the babysitting.
im sof fat already, that chocolates would be the icing on the cake!then id definitly never go clothes shopping.
i like the bras idea too.......hmmm

loudmum Fri 11-Mar-05 09:07:50

OK, if you still love him, it has to be shopping... jewellry is a good one if you don't want clothes... check out http://www.greenandbenz.com/ - if he can have versace you should have a couple of these babies!!

stitch Fri 11-Mar-05 17:43:03

hi all, thanks for your ideas.
have spent lots of money in the allders sale. got some denby plates, and some candles. must look at the jewllery website.
trouble is i still feel awful. dont think retail therapy is working......

nikcola Fri 11-Mar-05 17:45:03

spend it on me lets go out and get plastered !

stitch Fri 11-Mar-05 17:45:48

on champagne
trouble is the babysitting!

nikcola Fri 11-Mar-05 17:46:24

my dp will babysit for us !

iota Fri 11-Mar-05 17:47:13

spend it on a baby-sitting service like Sitters, then go and get yourself pampered - hair, massage, nails whatever

kama Fri 11-Mar-05 18:26:22

Message withdrawn

HappyDaddy Fri 11-Mar-05 22:40:23

Buy your lover a new suit, that'll teach your dh!! LOL

stitch Fri 11-Mar-05 23:04:17

what lover?
only in my dreams!

HappyDaddy Sat 12-Mar-05 00:21:06

or buy a fireman's outfit and hide it. leave the receipt lying around for dh to find!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now