Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I'm sad for my friend...

(8 Posts)
Febes Thu 30-Oct-08 15:57:26

She meet a lovely bloke 3 months ago and had an intensive relationship with him. He told her on the night they meet that he was separated from his wife and had 3 kids. She (wife)had an affair and they broke up and had a 4year old DD and twin DS (2). He work in london during week and went back up north on the weekend to look after the kids.
The wife didn't want him back until he became involved with my friend. She said she needed a holiday and could he look after the kids this week so my friend couldn't see him all week.
He has said that he misses them so much and might go back to the family

I really hope the family stays together but I feel so sad for my friend as she has really fallen in love with him. i hope the wife doesn't break his heart again. My friend is 32 and thinks she will never meet anyone who will marry her and have kids.

sleepyeyes Thu 30-Oct-08 16:48:01

If I was your friend I'd be suspicious he is lying and that he and his wife are still together and that it is him having the affair.

DoubleToilandTroubleBluff Thu 30-Oct-08 16:49:22

Sounds to me like he never left his wife in the first place and has been stringing your ffreind along

beaniescreamyb Thu 30-Oct-08 16:50:30

What they said

BennyAndJoon Thu 30-Oct-08 17:16:02

yep - what the others have said.

He has been playing away and stringing her along sad

But then I am in a men are barstards frame of mind

honestfriend Thu 30-Oct-08 17:53:50

it's only been 3 months.

it's a hard lesson- if you go out with men who have kids, wives, are separated or anything remotely like that, they are likely to go back ot their wives and kids- tell her to stick to purely single men.

Acinonyx Thu 30-Oct-08 20:15:21

Wow - she has a 4 yr-old and 2 yr-old twins and still had the energy for an affair!

beaniescreamyb Thu 30-Oct-08 20:26:52

What Acinonyx said!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now