Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

am i being selfish? please advise

(10 Posts)
bubbles2904 Wed 29-Oct-08 15:16:06

sorry to bore you all in advance, just want a suggestion and not sure if this is the right place. my best friend in the whole world ended a relationship just over 1 year ago because he was a complete shit, in february she met a new man that is really lovely and treats her and her children really well,since she has met him i have only seen her twice on her own. i don't mind him as i said, he is lovely. but tomorrow we have arranged a girly day with the kids, shopping and having dinner together, however she has just asked me if he can tag along, i said yes before i even thought of what she had said. how can i get out of it? am i being selfish, that just this once i want to spend time with just her and the children?

PuppyMonkey Wed 29-Oct-08 15:20:06

I reckon it's a shame you can't have one day alone with your mate without him tagging along! Could you cry off and rearrange for next week (hopefully on a day when he will not be available)?

bubbles2904 Wed 29-Oct-08 15:25:59

he has been laid off at the moment so is constantly ther. even if i pop in unannounced he is there, as i say, i don't have a problem with him, just want to see her alone for once. i don't bring my partner with me when we meet up, she also lives in manchester which is about 20 miles from me so i don't get to see her much. have arranged for this week as the kids are off school.

PuppyMonkey Wed 29-Oct-08 15:27:34

Maybe the best thing would be to say you'd planned loads of girlie things to do as you hadn't realised he would be coming. Claim you think he'll probably be bored so no point him being there...?

bubbles2904 Wed 29-Oct-08 15:36:38

yes maybe i will try tht. thank you

Annya Wed 29-Oct-08 16:00:28

Could you not just say that while you like him very much, you would like to spend some time just with her and her children? I would have thought most people would understand.

ElviraInanEcup Wed 29-Oct-08 16:04:31

Message withdrawn

bubbles2904 Wed 29-Oct-08 16:22:37

maybe, that sounds like a good idea. she had a miscarriage about 3 weeks ago and i think they just want to be together which i totally understand, but why organize a girly day?

more Wed 29-Oct-08 17:05:43

I would not do anything but learn from it, and say no the next time.

bubbles2904 Wed 29-Oct-08 17:13:19

i think i am just going to tell her that i will go to her house to see them but that i won't go for dinner with them as i will feel like a gooseberry. how does that sound?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now