Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How can DH watch the tripe he does? How do I maintain a relationship with a hardened Jeremy Kyle watcher?

(16 Posts)
snigger Mon 27-Oct-08 17:05:06

Jeremy Kyle, Goldenballs, Deal or No Deal, Lorraine Kelly - if it's guff, costs £3.50 to make, and he has a day off, there's no stopping him.

It's an argument in favour of recent alien abduction, there's no other possible explanation that will allow me to leave the remote in his possession. grin

PhantomOfTheChocolateCakeAvena Mon 27-Oct-08 17:06:30

Cut the plug off the TV.

sorkycake Mon 27-Oct-08 17:07:26

clearly there is no option open to you but to insist he works everyday

scaryfucker Mon 27-Oct-08 17:10:10

my DH watches utter tripe too

he is normally an intelligent man

but he can sit through that shite "early saturday evening telly" for hours on end

me, it makes me want to kill myself

Popzie Mon 27-Oct-08 17:11:22

I'm with you there snigger! My DH will watch any shite if there's no football on. It gets on my NERVES when I hear him gaffawing at you've been framed.

snigger Mon 27-Oct-08 17:14:15

My point exactly, scary, - he's not a knuckle-dragging cave-dweller at heart, but lowest common denominator tv seems to tug at something ancient in him.

He'd sit there for hours, grunting approval or scowling. Troglodite.

CarminaBanana Mon 27-Oct-08 17:14:42

remote control freaks! wink
Go out and leave them to it.

snigger Mon 27-Oct-08 17:16:36

It's freezing out there!!

Giggled at "Make him work every day". grin

gallusbesom Mon 27-Oct-08 20:22:36

popzie how can you NOT laugh at You've Been Framed????? Oops have just outed myself as a YBF fan!

unlikelyamazonian Mon 27-Oct-08 20:35:40

snort at 'tug at something ancient in him.'

Primordial re-used tea-bag?

unlikelyamazonian Mon 27-Oct-08 20:36:29

Mind you, jeremy kyle does have a point.

MrsGhost Mon 27-Oct-08 20:53:32

Dh works nights he likes to watch Jeremy Kyle on ITV2 in the afternoon. I am thinking about ... <quiet, but sneaky voice> divorce.

feelingbitbetter Mon 27-Oct-08 21:39:38

I love Jeremy Kyle - makes me realise I have a normal great life!

MintChocAddict Mon 27-Oct-08 21:42:00

Sky multi-room. The key to a successful marriage IMHO! grin

differentWitch Mon 27-Oct-08 21:43:20

Just be glad it's British. My dh will happily watch hours of wrestling and Miami Ink, which really does my head in.

feelingbitbetter Mon 27-Oct-08 22:10:38

blush I like miami ink too blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now