Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Which of my friend's 2 crisis should I enquire after first?

(5 Posts)
sameagain Tue 21-Oct-08 20:39:03

I'm going to call her in the morning to ask after 2 things that have been worrying her a lot.

One is a problem with her own health - she was seeing doctor this afternoon. The other is a big problem her Ds2 has been having at school - to the extent he is waking crying in the night. She was seeing teacher this evening.

I know really it only matters that I ask, but which one would you want to be asked about first?

EightiesChick Tue 21-Oct-08 20:41:50

I'd say her first. Or maybe you could try 'I'm calling to ask how you got on with DS's teacher, but before we get into all that, how did you get on at the doctor's?' just to flag up that the other enquiry is coming. Also that gives her the option to talk about DS first if that's uppermost in her mind.

Twiglett Tue 21-Oct-08 20:41:58

I would just say "So?" and let her decide

2point4kids Tue 21-Oct-08 20:42:05

I'd ask after the school thing first. Its probably something I'd find easier to talk about so would be a better opener.
Then afterwards ask how she got on at the Drs.

TwoFoggyToSee Wed 22-Oct-08 12:21:40

A general 'hows it all going?' in sympathetic tone maybe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now