Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

AIBU or just preggo hormonal?

(16 Posts)
TheHedgeWitch Sun 19-Oct-08 19:11:09

Message withdrawn

Alambil Sun 19-Oct-08 19:20:10

YANBU

He is a true arse.

He needs to realise what he has before he loses it all again.

Why isn't HE paying for his DD to come from Ireland?

TheHedgeWitch Sun 19-Oct-08 19:22:48

Message withdrawn

2cats2many Sun 19-Oct-08 19:23:06

OMG! What a total wanker. I couldn't tolerate that kind of treatment. You are not being unreasonable at all.

TheHedgeWitch Sun 19-Oct-08 19:26:11

Message withdrawn

2manychips Sun 19-Oct-08 19:34:05

YANBU
I could not put up with my dc or myself being treated or spoken to like that. Hormonal or not!

Alambil Sun 19-Oct-08 19:37:31

Do it then HW - may make him realise how utterly idiotic he's being.

Unplug the telly, lay on the couch and put a sign on the chair ....

He wants to claim what's his - claim what's yours.

<can be very petty when she needs to be - can you tell?>

Flum Sun 19-Oct-08 19:40:57

But you are married? Do you really feel like it is 'your' money or 'his' house. My mares are like that.

Sounds like he was being a bit of an arse - but people do snap if something upsets them. We get away with 'preggy hormones' or 'time of month' or 'being knackered' so you need to cut blokes a bit of slack to be totally unreasonable from time to time.

If he has been laid off he is probably worried sh*tless about work and that will be affecting his moods for sure.

TheHedgeWitch Sun 19-Oct-08 19:42:01

Message withdrawn

LadyOfRoffle Sun 19-Oct-08 19:46:27

He hit a 2yr old for pulling your games out? YANBU.

SylvieSprings Sun 19-Oct-08 19:53:01

HW - is your DH always like this or is the moodiness new since he got laid off work?

If the latter, have you considered if he is acting out? Establishing his authority as head of the house even though officially you are now the financial breadwinner?

That is, your DH's moodiness is a result of his insecurity and resultant stress.

Expressing differing opinions or anger in front of the children is never ideal that I agree with you.

After the children have gone to bed, or when you both have some quality time together, it would be good to sit down and have a heart-to-heart discussion.

TeeBee Sun 19-Oct-08 19:55:20

I would never let anyone hit my children - for whatever reason. Yes, I would move out, or move him out. A 2 year old child should not be hit.

TheHedgeWitch Sun 19-Oct-08 19:55:32

Message withdrawn

DevilishDisasterArea Sun 19-Oct-08 19:55:54

yes he is being an arse but does he have '''''good reason'''''
if '''''''good reASON'''' ie off work, feeling crappy, ex wifeyb shite, etc give him a break. if he is usually like this move into parents hose and leave him to it.

TheHedgeWitch Sun 19-Oct-08 19:58:28

Message withdrawn

DivaSkyChick Mon 20-Oct-08 03:19:45

Ask him to consider how much fun it would be to have two ex-wives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now