Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Should I tell him now and get it over with?

(13 Posts)
MrsSnape Sat 11-Oct-08 22:23:30

I have been speaking to a bloke online for about a week. We get on really well, have loads in common and our messages to each other are starting to read like novels, they're so long.

I really like the sound of him and kept wondering what he'd think about this kids but then I'd think "well he must be ok with it, as its on my profile that I have kids"

Anyway, after reading another long, lovely email off him, I read my profile and realised that it doesn't say anything on it about me having kids, so he doesn't know sad

So do I just tell him now and get it out of the way? if he doesn't like it then at least we won't be wasting anymore of each other's time or do I leave it until we've 'talked' a bit more so that he gets to know ME before realising I have kids too?

MrsSnape Sat 11-Oct-08 22:24:00

my kids, not 'this' kids blush

BecauseImAWitch Sat 11-Oct-08 22:24:21

Better to know how the land lies, IMO. I would tell him now.

BoysAreLikeZombies Sat 11-Oct-08 22:24:52

Tell him.

It's the Right Thing to do.

lou33 Sat 11-Oct-08 22:25:02

yes i would say something, drop it into conversation about what you have been doing this weekend, but you have to tell him

WinkyWinkola Sat 11-Oct-08 22:25:17

Definitely tell him about your children. Definitely.

CharCharBaGOOOOOOORE Sat 11-Oct-08 22:26:05

Would definitely mention it now, just casually in conversation. Otherwise it might look like you're hiding it from him.

mitfordsisters Sat 11-Oct-08 22:28:15

Tell him without further ado smile

lou33 Sat 11-Oct-08 23:23:11

have you not mentioned them in conversation up until now at all?
maybe you have without realising it, and it's just not abig deal to him?

expatinscotland Sat 11-Oct-08 23:24:12

tell him.

lou33 Sat 11-Oct-08 23:40:04

i cant remember actively ever having to say i have kids, it's just part of my conversation right from the off.

are you sure you havent mentioned your kids in passing?

mumoverseas Sun 12-Oct-08 05:53:46

mention them sooner rather than later. Hopefully he won't be put off. My DH wasn't. I met him online, I had 2 kids, he had none and we have now been married 3 years, have a beautiful DD aged 2 and another on the way! Not all men are scared off by kids, and if he is, he is not the one! Good luck

MrsSnape Sun 12-Oct-08 21:23:22

Ah well, I mentioned it in my last email and I've not heard from him since.

What will be, will be I suppose

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now