Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Should I go to football with male colleague?

(3 Posts)
sameagain Tue 07-Oct-08 09:28:40

A while ago we had a bit of a "thing" Nothing actually happened and we sorted it, have remained friends and don't spend time alone together. One of the things that brought us together was a love of the same football team (I am the footies fan in this house, DH has no interest)

For years I was a season ticket holder at this club and my friend still goes regularly. I stopped going when I had babies and I miss it.

Recently, my DS's have been asking to go to a football match and I would like to take them. My friend has suggested we go together - he has a son same age as my DS1 and knows I am a bit nervous about taking my DS's on my own. We will be in a public place, during the day, with our DC's FGS, but I'm not sure it's appropriate.

It's a v. small club, so even if we went separately, we would bump into each other. I don't know anyone else who still goes. What do you think?

juicychops Tue 07-Oct-08 10:46:15

even though i can see from your point of view there prob would be no harm in going together, if it was me in the situation, i know it would make my dp feel very uncomfortable going alone with this man. can you not drag dh there too just so that he feels a bit included? he might even enjoy the atmosphere and he will beable to be part of the experience of your kids going to their first footie match

zippitippitoes Tue 07-Oct-08 10:53:59

no i either take dh or another friend

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now