Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How do you break the ice ?

(4 Posts)
cupcake78 Sat 04-Oct-08 13:34:08

I feel out with a close friend about 2 months ago over stuff that i'm not gona get into.

Basically I want to get back in touch with him but I don't want him to think I've just forgotten and his behaviour was acceptable, but I also don't want to make more out of it that it is. I am finding the longer I leave it the harder its getting.

So what do i do? Was just gona contact him as ask if he is ok etc, but does that mean I am accepting what happened and not dealing with it.

I'm confused

cupcake78 Sat 04-Oct-08 13:39:33

meant to say "fell out" with a close friends.
oops

ilove Sat 04-Oct-08 13:41:54

I recently got back in touch with a friend that I fell out with 6 years ago. It was hard, really hard because it had been so long and both of us had missed the other like mad over the years, and yunno, life's too short...it really is. Just contact him...tell him you're sorry for falling out, that what he did pissed you off (can I swear on here??) but that you'd like to start afresh...

Overmydeadbody Sat 04-Oct-08 13:46:35

Contacting him doesn't mean you have not dealt with what happened, but whatever you do, you have to accept that it happened, because it did.

But you can either put it in the past and move on, or hold it against your friend forever and never move on.

Time heals all wounds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now