Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Shit. Feel sick with guilt.

(117 Posts)
BelleDuJour Fri 03-Oct-08 12:48:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mutt Fri 03-Oct-08 12:50:18

pagwatch Fri 03-Oct-08 12:51:18

pick out the bits that you really need and take the rest back.

If things are a bit better later on you can always go back and get them again. However if you don't and in two months you suddenly have a crisis of some sort ( broken boiler, problem with car, unexpected bill) then you really will feel like crap.
Its not worth it.

Cocolepew Fri 03-Oct-08 12:51:48

Take some of the clothes back and get a refund. There's nothing wrong with wearing tops over 2 years old and you have a pair of jeans.

Pushpinia Fri 03-Oct-08 12:52:18

I think you have to take some of it back, hopefully it will still be available to buy again in a few weeks when things have settled?

Can you keep a few things and take some back so you have enough back on the card to last the weekend?

Tortington Fri 03-Oct-08 12:52:45

you should be ashamed of yourself.

lulumama Fri 03-Oct-08 12:53:11

you have to take them back ! you cannot afford them and it is not worth messing things up with your DH for the sake of some clothes.

you won;t enjoy wearing them and your DH will surely notice you have lots of new stuff

living off your credit card will cost more in teh long run

SoupDragon Fri 03-Oct-08 12:53:23

Take them back.

LilRedWG Fri 03-Oct-08 12:53:40

Take back all but the bare essentials.

HuwEdwards Fri 03-Oct-08 12:53:42

What can you do?

Well obviously the thing you don't want to do!

The only way really to help the situation is to take some of the clothes back.

It's irresponsible not to.

suzywong Fri 03-Oct-08 12:54:10

red rugs anyone?

keep the ones for the kids, take half of the ones for you back

lulumama Fri 03-Oct-08 12:54:19

lots of my clothes are over 2 years old, i don;t expect to replace my wardrobe every season, every year

take them back, and if you really need stuff, go to asda or primark and get some cheap stuff.

Cappuccino Fri 03-Oct-08 12:54:27

if you feel so guilty take the clothes back

don't come on here expecting people to be sympathetic

put the clothes back in the bag, take them bck to the shops

or learn to live with your selfish self

Buda Fri 03-Oct-08 12:54:29

Take some of it back. Most in fact. There is a recession. There will be huge sales coming up to Xmas I bet and you can buy it all back cheaper probably. And you won't feel sick every time you think of it.

wannaBe Fri 03-Oct-08 12:54:35

you have to take them back.

You don't need £300 worth of new clothes.

tissy Fri 03-Oct-08 12:55:55

I'm not skint and I've only got one pair of jeans, what makes you think you need more?

Hang onto the bare essentials (esp kids clothes, as they can't help growing)and take the rest back.

NotDoingTheHousework Fri 03-Oct-08 12:55:56

Message withdrawn

sclubheaven Fri 03-Oct-08 12:56:53

You know you have to take some of it back. It's not a question of whether you want to or not.

You can get a lot of the stuff you need far cheaper on ebay or from charity shops if you really need them.

thesockmonsterofdoom Fri 03-Oct-08 12:57:35

what is wrong with shopping in Primark like most of us have to. Most of my clothes I have owned for over 10 years and my dc live in hand me downs, clothes are not important, paying the bills and keeping a roof over your head is.

Cappuccino Fri 03-Oct-08 12:57:38

"and I couldn't seem to stop"

this is a bit worrying do we not think

BelleDuJour Fri 03-Oct-08 12:57:43

expatinscotland Fri 03-Oct-08 12:58:01

take them back and flog stuff on Ebay, gumtree, ebid and boot sales.

learn to get a high from bringing it in rather than paying it out.

you can't keep them at all if you've also got a maxed out card.

it's just not possible.

sometimes, you just can't afford stuff and that's how it is.

Weegle Fri 03-Oct-08 12:58:20

Take them back - you have the opportunity to fix this, so do so - think of it as respecting how nice your DH is being about it.

Also I don't get why it's a problem that all your tops are at least 2 years old - if they're wearable, they're wearable. And you could easily kit out a child for the winter in Tescos or something for very little.

charchargabor Fri 03-Oct-08 12:58:36

You definitely have to take some back. How are you going to enjoy them if you feel sick with guilt? Not to mention destroying your finances again. There's nothing wrong with old clothes, all my clothes are old bar a few I bought reduced in primark the other day. You can't have what you can't afford. So suck it up and go back to the shops.

Fimbo Fri 03-Oct-08 12:59:31

Take them back. If you need another pair of jeans go to New Look and buy the £10 Hulas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now