Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

People that blow hot and cold all the time :-(

(7 Posts)
Picoult Thu 02-Oct-08 21:27:07

I posted this in chat by accident blush

How do you handle people that change their behaviour towards you so rapidly?

I know this person, he's actually my fitness instructor and I just can't work him out at all. I've known him for around 2 years and see him almost daily. Sometimes he's really friendly and chatty...othertimes he acts like he'd rather to talk to anyone other than me and can actually be quite rude, pulling a face when I say something for instance as if to say "you talk so much shite".

I don't know if I'm imagining it but I feel myself getting upset whenever he's off with me. I keep wondering what I've done and consider quitting his class and then all of a sudden he'll be like my best mate again!

awkwardquestion Thu 02-Oct-08 21:28:48

i ahve this with a friend of mine. i cant handle it at all but have to for dd's sake. i hate it. i have decided to always be super friendly and just take it on the nose when snubbed....

NotQuiteCockney Thu 02-Oct-08 21:35:12

I've known some people like this - I suspect their moods have much more to do with things going on in their lives, than anything to do with you, iyswim. Don't take it personally, whether he's chatty or not, and just keep it cool.

Picoult Thu 02-Oct-08 21:47:19

thats what I keep thinking too, there could be all sorts of reasons he's in a mood. I just wish I didn't take things so personally sad

NotQuiteCockney Fri 03-Oct-08 13:59:17

Maybe try to take a deep breath and think rationally about the interpretation you're making of his actions?

rookiemater Fri 03-Oct-08 14:00:44

I'd spend more time with different people, he sounds a bit moody tbh.

lilacclaire Fri 03-Oct-08 15:58:20

Hmmm, I can be a bit like this, I wouldn't pull faces at someone though.
Really it is nothing to do with the person, if im having a shit time, then I really do not feel like chatting with anyone, I can do a polite grunt but thats about it.
Don't take it personally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now