Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

fuming (and wish i wasn't)

(15 Posts)
bitcross Thu 02-Oct-08 13:14:37

it's our anniversary soon and dh said he'd book some theatre tickets. i said how lovley that would be but to make sure he checked with me that i could get a babysitter before he booked the tickets. he's just called me to say he's booked the tickets, but he didn't check about baysitting first!!! he said there weren't many tickets left so he thought he's better get on and book them. I'm now really cros with him. Opinions would be gratefully received!

pamelat Thu 02-Oct-08 13:15:45

Oh dear, get him to sort the babysitter out. I wouldnt be too ross with him though wink

Cappuccino Thu 02-Oct-08 13:15:57

if you can get a babysitter there is no need to be cross

pamelat Thu 02-Oct-08 13:16:04

sorry that meant to say "cross"

pamelat Thu 02-Oct-08 13:16:57

If you can't get a babysitter you can usually sell tickets (on ebay?) for the face value, especially if the venue is sold out.

BecauseImWorthIt Thu 02-Oct-08 13:17:32

Sorry but I think you're being a bit unreasonable here (I know this isn't AIBU!). He was keen to get the tickets before they sold out, so he did the right thing IMO.

How difficult can it be to find a babysitter?!

Give the man a break! grin

bitcross Thu 02-Oct-08 13:18:20

He just phoned to apologise and said he's "misinterpreted" what i meant. How on earth can you misinterpret getting babysitter before booking expensive tickets?

onepieceoflollipop Thu 02-Oct-08 13:18:51

Both of you put efforts into getting a babysitter. If you can't, then come on here and moan again.

I'll go with you if you like wink

Cappuccino Thu 02-Oct-08 13:28:48

oh you could end up having a lovely anniversary spitting at each other

he's sorted the tickets

sort the babysitter

no-one has died

VeniVidiVickiQV Thu 02-Oct-08 13:28:56

oh get a grip! He's trying to do something nice. Don't piss on his parade because he didnt follow your instructions to the letter.

Most folk positively crave a bit of spontaneity you know. If you really wanted to have a night out, you'd do your utmost to find a babysitter whatever happened. It's easier to get babysitters than it is to get theatre tickets.

bitcross Thu 02-Oct-08 13:30:47

Thanks all! Have just called him to tell him i'm pleased he booked them and we'll try to get a babysitter. if not, as pamelat said, there's always ebay!

pamelat Thu 02-Oct-08 13:38:14

Hope you get a sitter, and enjoy!!

SueMunch Thu 02-Oct-08 15:27:32

Wow! So the poor guy books them so you can have a nice night out together but all you can focus on is the things he hasn't done shock.

Unless you have no friends or family it's not difficult to get someone in for the night surely?

As VeniVidi says, where is the room for sponteneity?

Do you use a planner to organise when he is allowed to go to the toilet?

HappyWoman Thu 02-Oct-08 16:05:04

there is a great babysitting site - sitters.co.uk and i think they are in most areas. We have never had a problem getting them.

It does make you cross when you think they have not listened to what you said - but he didnt go out of his way to piss you off. Blame it on pmt and say he now needs to buy you chocolate for the theatre trip toogrin and then hopefully you can have a laugh about it.

Ispy Thu 02-Oct-08 17:53:33

YABVU! Get a sitter and have a great night and well done to your dh for doing such a lovely thing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: