Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

So,,,, I've met this lovely man

(9 Posts)
bigwuss Wed 01-Oct-08 18:38:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

2fedup Wed 01-Oct-08 18:48:24

zippitippitoes Wed 01-Oct-08 18:49:49

enjoy yourself...see what happens it is early days yet

11 years isnt that much of a gap my exp was 11 years younger than me

citylover Wed 01-Oct-08 19:20:32

I have arranged to meet a guy who is 15 years younger than me. That was about my cut off point tbh

I haven't really taken him seriously due to his age (not sure why) but he seems quite keen.

He doesn't seem bothered by my age so why should I? Tho I did say to him surely there are lots of lovely girls where he lives?

Let's just see how it goes.

Last guy I saw (and also an exbf from years ago) was 6 years younger - it didn't seem to bother him then or more recently.

Good luck

abouteve Wed 01-Oct-08 19:25:07

I've had relationships with a few younger men in recent years. They were short term. I would prefer someone round about my own age TBH.

If he knows how old you are then it doesn't bother him. Give it a go.

bigwuss Wed 01-Oct-08 19:59:17

Winetimeisfinetime Wed 01-Oct-08 20:09:44

There is a similar age difference between a my dh and me and we met at work too. We had quite a few other obstacles to overcome but we made it and have now been married for 15 years with a ds.

I think it is more important that you have similar outlooks and goals and if you have then the age gap won't be an issue.

zippitippitoes Wed 01-Oct-08 20:11:15

my bf is 20 years younger than me well he just had a birthday so he is now 32 and i am 51 we have plenty in common

Kally Wed 01-Oct-08 21:51:26

I'm 51 and he's 40... been together 18 months... no problem with any aspect of the age thing, not physical or energy wise... infact I sometimes think he's older than me the way he does things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now