Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

am i being foolish

(14 Posts)
shortshorts Sat 27-Sep-08 20:17:46

oh god i never thought i would do this but have been "talking"to another man wants to meet up shouldnt, but exited!

expatinscotland Sat 27-Sep-08 20:18:43

exited?

please explain the situation more clearly.

aGalChangedHerName Sat 27-Sep-08 20:18:54

Well you shouldn't be "talking" to another man if you have a DP/DH should you?

EdwardCullenCanHaveMySoul Sat 27-Sep-08 20:19:08

Presuming if it's foolish then you're married / have a partner?

Mutt Sat 27-Sep-08 20:19:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

aGalChangedHerName Sat 27-Sep-08 20:19:43

Horrible thing to do to if you are married/or whatever sad

Tortington Sat 27-Sep-08 20:19:55

if you have a partner, even if you are unhappy - you are being an amazingly huge twat

if you dont have a partner go for it

WingsofaAngel Sat 27-Sep-08 20:21:00

You are being foolish if you think the grass is greener.

But without knowing the back ground it is not possible to give advice.

shortshorts Sat 27-Sep-08 20:30:07

things not been right with dh for a while him always at work maybe just lonely. "freind" makes me feel alive

EdwardCullenCanHaveMySoul Sat 27-Sep-08 20:32:15

Believe me, I've been there and done that for exactly the same reason as you.
It was not a good idea, the grass was not greener. I felt alive for a while then all I felt was a huge amount of guilt.
Having said that, if you're anything like I was, you will have to find this out for yourself.
But, for the record, I'm advising NO!
Take care and think carefully.

WingsofaAngel Sat 27-Sep-08 20:39:14

If things aren't right with Dh then you either have to sort things out or go your separate ways.

I don't think it is a good idea to start something with another man. You are flattered by the attention he is giving you.

Think carefully before you act. Good Luck

mou Sat 27-Sep-08 20:47:44

Don't do it shortshorts, it's nice to be flattered and I understand how you feel but taking it any further is a painfull thing to do and won't really solve anything in the end. Talk to your DH about feeling lonely and needing attention...good luck.

QuintessentialShadows Sat 27-Sep-08 21:01:24

You are creating more problems than you are solving by doing this.

ActingNormal Sat 27-Sep-08 22:36:41

You will get hurt. It won't be worth it. Even if things aren't perfect with your DH now, things will feel much worse than now in the aftermath of what you are thinking of doing. You might think you can stop at a certain point beyond which you feel would be dangerous to the stability of your life, but you won't be able to stop. So don't start.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now