Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Big marriage problems - need to fix boring social life

(7 Posts)
Mumfun Thu 25-Sep-08 18:40:47

Having huge marriage problems. Very sad, going to Relate and although progressing not sorted out. DH having major Mid life crisis and also feels no longer in love with me. But still with me. I did wonder if anyone else but feeling more confident this not the case now.

So lots going on but one deep down problem is he is bored due to our social life.

Need to sit down and discuss it this weekend so would really appreciate help so I can have some good ideas (and stressed out of mind by all the relationship problems so brain dead)

Basically in London and DH from London - me from elsewhere. Did have some good friends living near but moved on. He also dumped some suitable old friends of his- dont really know why and very annoying.

So basically got to get our social life better. DH has couple good friends with kids who we see - but one is so busy with a million friends we see them twice a year if lucky.

We really need to build more friends in our area - hoping to do some through school - DS just started but a lot of them seem to know eac other for years and hard to break in.

What else would you do to get more involved in community and make more friends to do stuff at weekends?.(I do know some mums to do things in the week but seem to struggle to convert them to weekend stuff due to having other stuff to do etc) Both DH and I from religious backgrounds and think he'll want to move us all to doing Catholic things which is his background but Im really not keen as think they are dodgy on children and a lot of things really.

OneLieIn Fri 26-Sep-08 18:13:32

School is a good place to meet others. What about taking up a hobby? Or going to a class?

MissusAD Fri 26-Sep-08 19:30:34

Are you a "troll" by any chance?

Just wondering re: your sweeping generalisation about Catholics being "dodgy on children" - whatever that means hmm

(and I'm also wondering about your bad grammar...)

Ratface Fri 26-Sep-08 19:41:34

oh come on, troll?? do ma a favour. lots of people have sweeping generalisations about catholics, and many other 'groups'.
and bad grammar dpesnt make you a troll -duh

id say, if he is bored due to your social life (thats weird thing to be a deep down issue... really?) then he should be making some effort to sort that out, not you alone. if youre religious, can you not make friends through a church or something?

MissusAD Fri 26-Sep-08 20:56:52

That's true, but bad grammar and spelling along with idiotic generalisations, indicates to me that you might be an idiot.

Ratface Fri 26-Sep-08 21:16:49

she might be an idiot. lots of people are. doesn't necessarily mean she's malicious.

eviz Fri 26-Sep-08 21:50:16

What interests did he/you previously have? Sport? Are you outdoors-y people? I think getting out of the house is the most important thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now