Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Would you rather have a slow burning, or a passion lusty filled love?

(16 Posts)
SpandexIsMyEnemy Mon 22-Sep-08 19:44:34

and which one do you think leads to a more fulfilled relationship?

I personally prefer a slow burning long lasting lingering romantic type of love. the passion lusty type can be exhausting! lol.

shatteredmumsrus Mon 22-Sep-08 21:24:45

id like to try both, then ill let you know!Mines just BORING!!!

ChasingSquirrels Mon 22-Sep-08 21:26:43

tbh I'd probably give either a go atm!

morningpaper Mon 22-Sep-08 21:27:47

I like a bit of passion

Otherwise you would run off with Nigel from Accounts as soon as there is a bit of chemistry, surely?

Heated Mon 22-Sep-08 21:30:56

Both!

mustrunmore Mon 22-Sep-08 21:34:05

Passion if it lasted. But it doesnt, by its very nature. So I guess a slow burning thing with passion every now and again?!

ButIForgetMyself Mon 22-Sep-08 21:39:27

I used to "run off with Nigel from Accounts" the very second he looked at me. Couldn't be arsed to play the long game, wanted to go for the immediate lust/fancying/crush type thing.

As a result I'd end up shacked up after a couple of months with somebody who I quickly realised was completely unsuitable and spend the next two years trying to get out of it and putting my life back together. This happened three times. Three consecutive shortish intense relationships.

My DP took things very slowly. Wouldn't commit straight away, took 10 months to even tell me he loved me. Stayed very much independent, to the point where I didn't know whether I could be bothered to wait. Kept telling him I loved him, he would never say it back. However, something made me hang on... then one day he just came out with "I love you". I sobbed and sobbed, I'd waited so long to hear it, it just seemed more... valid and genuine.

Now we are expecting our first child. My feelings for him are stronger than with any of my previous partners. It just feels more real, like we worked at it, like we got past those initial fancying stages and realised we actually had something else. It was more grown up.

*puke puke*

wink

It's great.

morningpaper Mon 22-Sep-08 21:40:53

I don't want to grow up <petulant>

I want to be 13 and pressed up against the boy who plays the clarinet in the school orchestra

Thomcat Mon 22-Sep-08 21:44:07

I'd like, and have, a slow burn but fueled with the odd night or passion.

All passion just burns itself out and is highly overrated. Been there, done that, don't want to go back.

ButIForgetMyself Mon 22-Sep-08 21:56:24

Is that a flute in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?

morningpaper Mon 22-Sep-08 22:06:44

<lets Nigel take her by the photocopier>

Chandra Mon 22-Sep-08 22:09:01

Soembody please tell me where to find Nigel (i'm sure he is nowhere near my photocopier!)

morningpaper Mon 22-Sep-08 22:12:29

he is under my desk

Chandra Mon 22-Sep-08 22:12:57

doing what?

ranting Mon 22-Sep-08 22:14:25

Well I think everybody should 'experience' lusty passionate, throw you up against the wall, don't bother to remove your knickers type passion at least once in their life. I have (haven't most people) but that sort of relationship can IME become emotionally draining so I have now opted for the slow burning option, can't say it's not without passion of it's own kind though, just not as intense.

SpandexIsMyEnemy Mon 22-Sep-08 22:56:28

see no i've never had that ranting - well I say never - there was this one occassion with this one chappy blush who ahem well was passed over for a nicer bloke (my beau) but on the other hand man did he have the whole dominance thing going on well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now