Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Need to let off steam.......

(17 Posts)
ThomCat Sat 26-Feb-05 15:36:31

I’m SO cross with D at the moment, thought perhaps venting my frustrations and annoyance on here might help let off some steam and calm me down?????

So………
He’s been out nearly every night this week. Not a massive problem. He doesn’t go out in the week that much so now and then it’s cool(ish). Monday he had some computer training thing at work and went for a drink after so got in late. Tuesday he had a beer after work with some of his best mates locally. Wednesday some more computer training and a few beers after. Thursday he came home, sat on the computer until dinner then fell asleep on the sofa. Friday he worked late and …. , yes you got it – went for a few beers after work. Meanwhile, cut to on a Friday night at home and I’m down to my last glass of wine, oh shit. Text him, about10ish to say that the wine had run out he texts back he’ll be home soon with more wine; he gets in at midnight.

Okay no massive deal, bit of a shitty week, for me. I’m a bit pissed off, and frankly a bit envious that it’s ok for him to call and say ‘I’ll be home late tonight’, that’s a luxury I’ll never have again as it’s me that has the car and picks up DD, anyway…..

Now to today……..
He gets up and informs me he’s going for a haircut, which he goes into central London for. He leaves here about 10.30ish.
I get a mate over and we have a great time with DD doing hand painting and playing.
My mate has to e somewhere at 3 and we decide that I’ll go with her, help out and I have a few things of my own I can be doing. So ring D at about 1 and ASK him will he be back by 2.30/2.45 as I want to go out and any later will be too late. Oh yes not a problem he’s leaving in about half an hour.

So 2.30 comes and goes, no sign. I get him on his phone ….he’s just leaving now.

Agggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I went mad. The last straw and all that. Selfish, selfish, selfish.
Just had enough.

Oh and as he leaves this morning he says ‘shall I get you something nice’?
He’s back now, did he get me something nice, did he hell. Did he buy himself loads of new vinyl and god knows what, of course he did.

He’s so selfish, so thoughtless, it’s all about him, all the time.

Yes he’s sorry, yes he’s trying to be all nice now but he can fuck off.

Right, so am I calmer? Hmmmmmmm, NO I’m not.
I want to go into the garden and scream until it hurts!

CountessDracula Sat 26-Feb-05 15:39:02

OH TC poo to him.

Go out tomorrow on your own (or with girly mate) have a lovely massage or pedicure or something, go out for a boozy lunch and then roll in when you feel like it...

And get yourself something nice!

It doesn't sound very fair at all to me.

CountessDracula Sat 26-Feb-05 15:39:35

Actually, come out with ME one night next week!

ThomCat Sat 26-Feb-05 15:40:50

Bless you CD, XX
And no it's not bloody fair, not even a bit, he's totally taken the piss this week.

CountessDracula Sat 26-Feb-05 15:41:27

shut him in the cupboard under the stairs.

lou33 Sat 26-Feb-05 15:41:53

omg tc that sounds exactly like dh can be!

am still working out how to deal with it nearly 17 years on!

no advice but untold amounts of sympathy. Must be something to do with music i reckon

lou33 Sat 26-Feb-05 15:42:51

if you have no locks on the cupboards, maybe tie him to a radiator and turn it up full?

CountessDracula Sat 26-Feb-05 15:43:20

Make him cook you dinner tonight and bring you g&t in the bath

CountessDracula Sat 26-Feb-05 15:43:30

dressed as a gimp.

lou33 Sat 26-Feb-05 15:45:59

you been spying on my house cd?

CountessDracula Sat 26-Feb-05 15:46:33

snigger

Seriously tc you could get some mileage out of this. Want to borrow my cat o nine tails?

lou33 Sat 26-Feb-05 15:48:40

i have some handcuffs, a paddle and a whip you could borrow

CountessDracula Sat 26-Feb-05 15:50:09

A paddle? Are you into kayaking?

ThomCat Sat 26-Feb-05 15:50:10

Thanks for making me smile.
I told him to get out of my sight, funnily enough he did as he was told! He's in his studio listening to his new records. Have decided he'll be buying me a curry tonight, sod the diet on a Saturday and I'll be getting as smashed as possible tonight with full benefits of a lay in tomorrow while he goes, and takes L to buy ingrediants for a roast that he'll be cooking me.
I'm out straight from work on tuesday and intend to come home and be an annoying drunk!

ThomCat Sat 26-Feb-05 15:51:33

That's so generous Lou, I kn ow how much they mean to you

lou33 Sat 26-Feb-05 15:57:28

very welcome tc

my paddle is a bit smaller than that cd, easier to manoeuvre

sarahu Sat 26-Feb-05 16:47:21

TC I sympathise SOOOOOO much.......when i first read your post i thought that my DH had gone to live in your house. I've had a few weeks like this too - out drinking till late, not coming home when he promises he will - generaly taking the piss, as you say.

Its not fun at all and it makes me SO angry. Of course, he complains when I yell at him and can't see that he's done anything wrong at all.

Selfish? OHHHHHHHHH YES

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now