Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How do you get over thinking you found something special - but haven't

(7 Posts)
scaredoflove Sun 21-Sep-08 22:42:26

Back story is here

Nothing changed, spoke friday and he said we would go out tonight and we could go to his and how he really wanted this to work and again no contact, no answer to my text earlier (just to say are we out tonight)

Have left answerphone message to say I'm sorry, I can't do this and this time I mean it

But I am so upset, I really thought he was the one and believed him telling me he wanted me too. I feel such a fool but I still really really like him (love him?)

aargh, why did I put myself in this position!? Single is so much easier

scaredoflove Sun 21-Sep-08 23:09:58

anyone?

themildmannneredjanitor Sun 21-Sep-08 23:11:44

it's not love it's lust.
he is a tosser.

allmthis 'i'm so scared of being hurt again'

tosh.
if he was really into you he would be knocking on your door.

you are best rid and deserve far better.

controlfreakinfreaky Sun 21-Sep-08 23:12:38

sorry. but does sound like this wasn't going to work for you... sad

undercovercat Sun 21-Sep-08 23:31:23

Awww you poor thing.
SOunds like he doesnt know what he wants.
I think you will be rung out with him tying you in knots all the time.
Somethings are better left.

scaredoflove Mon 22-Sep-08 00:30:51

He emailed me (brave huh) to say I'm prob right, sorry he isn't in a place that he can't give me what I want. He is having kid trouble and has sent them off for a bonding week with ex but thinks they will move in fulltime after and he is sorry for wasting my time

I know it was wrong but how do you stop it hurting?

my stomach is all over the place

GrabShellDude Mon 22-Sep-08 09:06:01

Only time can stop it hurting. Just keep reminding yourself that he wasn't that great actually.

Well, tbh he doesn't sound that great.

All the "it's not you it's me" lines are just codswallop. If a man really wants to be with you believe me they will move heaven and earth to get what they want.

Take care, you deserve better than this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now