Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

i have contacted my ex on facebook

(34 Posts)
gossipgirlx Fri 19-Sep-08 12:44:48

we flirted a little bit.has anyone else done the same,what happend next
p.s.im married,im not intending to cheat

Mutt Fri 19-Sep-08 12:46:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BoysArrrrLikeDogs Fri 19-Sep-08 12:48:08

Have you thought about why you want to flirt with someone else?

If things are tricky at home, use your emotional energy to sort your home life out.

It'll end in tears otherwise.

Sorry.

gossipgirlx Fri 19-Sep-08 12:48:38

it just spiced things up,thats all.have u done anything like it

Mutt Fri 19-Sep-08 12:49:17

SpandexIsMyEnemy Fri 19-Sep-08 12:49:34

yeah my XH husband did - devestated me.

hertsnessex Fri 19-Sep-08 12:50:09

i flirted with an ex on FB one night - its v much unfinished business so i had to stop and not contact/respond to him again. the 'fun' isnt worth it.

gossipgirlx Fri 19-Sep-08 12:50:14

things havent been ok for a while,but im not in situation to leave(practical stuff,as in where to live,no money)

Mutt Fri 19-Sep-08 12:51:25

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 19-Sep-08 12:51:52

Why did you do this?. Why did you feel the need to flirt with him?. This can cause great harm (and does ex have another partner - she would not be best pleased with the behaviour of both of you). Ex's are ex's often for good reason. You open that box at your emotional peril because once opened its not easily closed again.

The "I'm married, not intending to cheat" - sorry but not convinced. Emotional affairs are just as damaging as physical ones (and many people who have emotional affairs did not intend to do so originally).

Work on your own relationship instead of flirting with an ex, instead talk to your husband and put some life back into it if you're in a rut.

Megglevache Fri 19-Sep-08 12:52:06

What made you look for him?

gossipgirlx Fri 19-Sep-08 12:52:26

not balls,but place to live and money

gossipgirlx Fri 19-Sep-08 12:53:36

an argumeant with dh

SpandexIsMyEnemy Fri 19-Sep-08 12:53:40

theres always a way out of things if you want to leave someone then leave don't cheat on the person.

fgs. i'd say grow up but given you're older than me it would sound patronising really wouldn't it hmm

SpandexIsMyEnemy Fri 19-Sep-08 12:55:09

money - tax credits, IS, child benifits maintenance.

live somewhere - sdepends on your cirs.

I think you'll find MN a lot more helpful if you chose to leave and wanted advise or in deed if you wanted to stay and help get things back on track.

as you have done it now all you'll have is a lot of harsh critisism.

gossipgirlx Fri 19-Sep-08 12:55:23

how do u know im older then u,how old r u spandex

sitdownpleasegeorge Fri 19-Sep-08 12:55:57

So you're looking for a man to help you get out of your existing marriage (by helping you with accommodation and funds) and you thought "I'll try my ex first".

SpandexIsMyEnemy Fri 19-Sep-08 12:56:01

well your other thread said your H is 30 so i'm assuming you're older than me (i'm 26)

gossipgirlx Fri 19-Sep-08 12:58:08

ha,good detective work but im 24.ha!

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 19-Sep-08 12:58:13

Do you have children by your husband?. If so, what about them?.

Its certainly NOT a good idea to embark on a potential emotional affair when you are currently with your husband.

You either sort it out with your husband or make a clean break from him. Starting a potential affair will only leave you sad, used and in a bigger mess than you are now.

ghosty Fri 19-Sep-08 13:00:32

I know one or two of my exes are on facebook but I wouldn't contact them. Regarding one of them in particular, my DH would wonder what the hell I was up to and what would ex's wife think? I know he is happily married with a baby. How would you feel if an ex of your DH popped up and 'flirted' with him? hmm
Crap thing to do IMO.

gossipgirlx Fri 19-Sep-08 13:01:13

i have 2kids!thanks everyone u really helped me see the light.i never thought about all these things,my kids and stuff...
u are really a great bunch

SpandexIsMyEnemy Fri 19-Sep-08 13:01:46

well based on the way you said that then indeed - fgs grow up.

sort your marriage out or leave. simple. to go from one man to another because you have no money to be quite frank is pathetic.

gossipgirlx Fri 19-Sep-08 13:04:18

u r so wright!that is a great advice spandex

LoveMyGirls Fri 19-Sep-08 13:04:43

So if he found out about flirting etc and he kicked you out you would be worse off than planning to leave so you may as well plant o leave and have some dignity left and not involve your ex.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now